1st Inspire 2 Flight (disaster)

In GS Pro, after pausing the mission to change batteries the I2 continues to take pictures all the way back to where I am then repeates half a flight line after re-joining the mission. Just have to eliminate these photos from the total. Not too bad. Also the lower the mission elevation the slower the flight. Hope this changes in future. 6mph is way to slow at 200 feet AGL
In the Drone deploy app wind has a greater affect on the flight path which will leave some holes in the mission. Also, even though I use manual settings for the camera in the DJI Go app the Drone deploy app changes it to auto. Its OK but if you have a permit to fly at night..... not so good.

Haven't found anything with the other one yet but I'm sure its not perfect.

I have not had any firmware problems yet thank god but I agree with you 100% they don't care 2 hoots about customers and customer loyalty all they are interested in is gouging as much money out of people as possible for as long as possible, every new piece of hardware or machine on the market not only cost a lot of money but everything has to be purchased for it, there is nothing fro a model before that fits ! and most people have spent a small fortune buying all the bits and bobs for the previous model then have to start from scratch with the new product, even the Osmo and camer most don't fit the aircraft and the Osmo you have to buy separate cameras ! just a joke I'm waiting for them to get some serious competition, then watch them be abandoned in droves hopefully

I agree with the customer service competence with a company of their scale. They really need to address that issue - I am sure they have headquarters reading through issues online and frustrations with end-users. I believe not until a large production house voices out their concern they might take action.

Reactions: DavidK
Hi

Ive justed posted a question begore reading your post. Im using an Inspire 2 and cant get it to connect to Drone deploy. Have you ever had similar problems or can offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi

Ive justed posted a question begore reading your post. Im using an Inspire 2 and cant get it to connect to Drone deploy. Have you ever had similar problems or can offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

I fly an I2 also........I have Drone Deploy........DJI GS Pro.....and Maps Made Easy aps for flight planning. When One gives me a hard time I use one of the others. Nature of the beast. There are others out there too.....just depends on which ones you are comfortable with. DJI GS Pro flys slow at low elevations.....Drone Deploy is much faster......Maps Made Easy has linear planning and terrain adjustments for hilly flights. Litchi is a good one too. Practice in big open field with any and all. It is nerve racking at first but gets better with time.

Reactions: deltalimatango

Make sure you don't still have Go 4 running in the background, kill all other apps and it should connect just fine.

I've just tried it again. Even though DJI Go 4 isn't open it still won't connect. It's says in the bottom left of the screen 'USB Connected - Waiting for Drone'

I've just tried it again. Even though DJI Go 4 isn't open it still won't connect. It's says in the bottom left of the screen 'USB Connected - Waiting for Drone'

Which ever one you get running....while Go4 is open, set focus to infinity for the X5s..........I had to return to a site and re fly due to out of focus images just one time to learn this.

Thanks. Is that just the case with the X5s or is the X4s the same.