Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

20 Megapixel Dual Camera Inspire Setup

Reaction score
Website
www.benhecht.com
Mounted my RX 100ii to the Inspire without any permanent changes to the chassis.
Go pro mount and custom aluminum tripod adapter so I can take high resolution stills at the focal length I want.
When its not going to be on (which will be most of the time) the plastic mount is very lightweight.

• Carl Zeiss 3.6 x zoom lens - 10.4 - 37.1 mm - f/1.8-4.9, Carl Zeiss 3.6 x zoom lens - 10.4 - 37.1 mm - f/1.8-4.9
  • Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera
    28 - 100mm
The mount does not look sturdy in the pics but is is very strong. The industrial grade mounting tape has a powerful hold without marring the aircraft.

(for those that haven't seen my other posts, the other two items are trackers.)
Based on the dronexpert.nl YouTube video showing 5 Coke cans being carried I feel my added weight is not too much a burden on my bird. I can use the main camera for stable video and FPV and the Sony when I need higher resolution stills. I simply enable continuous shooting mode at take-off. Lots of unnecessary pics but its worth it for the added pixels.

Not bad for my first 8 hours with the Inspire One!

www.benhecht.com
My YouTube channel is here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxlQc_yjaygHvUGCt6pT0FA

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_6485.JPGIMG_6486.JPGIMG_6487.JPG

Reactions: flyingclint
Yea Sciro,

That is something I'm concerned about too. I'll need to do some tests. I'm considering swapping the placement of the GPS and putting the go Pro Mount on the inspire ID tag. Although then it will be higher up but slightly further back and it seems better to have wait towards the middle of the aircraft.

Just used go pro mounts. VERY strong double stick tape. I don't want any permanent changes to the Inspire. The aluminum part that attaches the go pro mount to the RX100 ii was made for the Phantom but I can't find the seller I got it from. I think a GoPro tripod adapter will work too.

Reactions: britchris1
what about a 3D print guys? if you can give me the size of the camera I can try and make a cradle for it to attach on the back...
just my 2cents.
:D

Reactions: JimPA
ok, I will be planing a mount for gopro 3+ then. coming week. hmm?
if you can send me the exact measurements of the sony you have I can plan a cradle for that. I am just sitting in front of the bird at the moment with laptop batt at a very very very low %... :D lol...

let me see what I can come up with.

cheers.
Martin

Howdy Martin,

What would a cradle look like?

Ben
Hi Ben,
I haven´t really been on it yet just read your post and that is what came into my mind. but I have some ideas in my mind that would pinch it in the back and have a lowered tray or cradle where you can put in the camera.
blade did something similar. but since there is no other way to reinvent a tire I am using the same spot with the same construction... we all only cook with water :D

hi Ben,
Would it be possible to photograph the various parts of the mount?
I have a load of goPro bits but I'm struggling to work out what bits you are using.
Btw are you turning off the wifi on the Sony camera just in case?
Thanks
Paul

Thank you Ben,
Those links are very useful.
I'm sure you won't be using the wifi on the Sony sorry I meant are you switching the aeroplane mode on so there is no chance of any interference.
To be honest I've never used the wifi on the camera anyway in normal use.
Best

Reactions: flydogs

Hey Flydogs,
I have a shitload of the self adhesive bottom plates. I can send you some if you like, no need to buy because I don´t really use them... all I use if I do use gopro is the suction cup and the roll bar and bar mounts...
if you tell me where you are located I can mail them to you.
just thought you´d like to save some bucks and one signature from one of the members here say "enjoy life and be nice" I am trying to do my best starting to be nice :D
of course we have to keep in mind that when you live on Tahiti it might be easier to go to a local store or buy from e-bay as shipping costs might be a bit cheaper... I am thinking of the surrounding countries or the states I can send stuff away without paying a fortune for it to go away :) :D LOL

just my thoughts. you decide.

cheers.

I am working on the holding cradle for the gopro. Flydogs, can you send me the outer measurements of the Sony with openings so I can leave spaces where you want to get access to just in case. thanks

m

Reactions: flydogs
Thank you Ben,
Those links are very useful.
I'm sure you won't be using the wifi on the Sony sorry I meant are you switching the aeroplane mode on so there is no chance of any interference.
To be honest I've never used the wifi on the camera anyway in normal use.
Best
The wifi on Sony is AWESOME. There is an iOS (and Android?) app called IntervalCam I use to do time lapse with it. I used if for some shots in this:

BTW, can the wifi be actively turned off? I thought it was off until "Control by Smartphone" or "Send to Smartphone" were initiated.

Hey Flydogs,
I have a shitload of the self adhesive bottom plates. I can send you some if you like, no need to buy because I don´t really use them... all I use if I do use gopro is the suction cup and the roll bar and bar mounts...
if you tell me where you are located I can mail them to you.
just thought you´d like to save some bucks and one signature from one of the members here say "enjoy life and be nice" I am trying to do my best starting to be nice :D
of course we have to keep in mind that when you live on Tahiti it might be easier to go to a local store or buy from e-bay as shipping costs might be a bit cheaper... I am thinking of the surrounding countries or the states I can send stuff away without paying a fortune for it to go away :) :D LOL

just my thoughts. you decide.

cheers.

I am working on the holding cradle for the gopro. Flydogs, can you send me the outer measurements of the Sony with openings so I can leave spaces where you want to get access to just in case. thanks

m
What a sweet offer Phatzo! I actually just bought some more on Amazon the other day so I probably good. Pic of you n yer kid is THE BEST btw.
Wait, you live in Tahiti? How'd you swing that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips