Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

2021 Inspire 1 - which tablet?!

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm based in the UK and bought an Inspire 1 (never used) but I'm struggling to choose an affordable tablet to use the DJI GO app on.

I tried my iPad Air 2 (iOS 14), but based on my experience and posts on this forum, I think that ipad is not going to be an option. I can't get the iPad to recognise the Inspire controller when it is plugged in via the USB cable, and I think that it is because my iPad is too 'advanced', or working on an iOS which is too new for the old GO app.

I am hoping to get some advice on which tablet to buy please. I'm on a tight budget, so I am leaning towards an Android tablet, instead of an old iPad. As an example, would this tablet be suitable please:

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Hi folks, I'm based in the UK and bought an Inspire 1 (never used) but I'm struggling to choose an affordable tablet to use the DJI GO app on.

I tried my iPad Air 2 (iOS 14), but based on my experience and posts on this forum, I think that ipad is not going to be an option. I can't get the iPad to recognise the Inspire controller when it is plugged in via the USB cable, and I think that it is because my iPad is too 'advanced', or working on an iOS which is too new for the old GO app.

I am hoping to get some advice on which tablet to buy please. I'm on a tight budget, so I am leaning towards an Android tablet, instead of an old iPad. As an example, would this tablet be suitable please:

I really don’t think you are going to have a good experience with a $79 tablet even if you get it to work. That $79 would be better spent saved toward a better newer device. This is an expensive hobby unfortunately.

That iPad you have is from 2014? That may be older than the I1 itself. That iPad may be too old to work with the newer versions of the I1 firmware but I’m not sure. My iPhone 12 worked just fine with my I1 so there really no such thing as “too advanced” but there certainly is “too old.”

Can you confirm that other devices work with your I1? No sense in throwing good money after bad.

I fly Inspires and a Mavic 2 Pro. For years I used Samsung tablets and iPads. A couple of years ago I picked up a Lenovo M10 TB-X606F. It's great, blows away both the Samsungs and the iPad. Perfect size, the screen is clear and bright, even in direct sunshine. I run DJI Go, Go4, Litchi, and DroneDeploy. It runs all of them with no issues, and I can switch between them seamlessly. You can pick them up pretty cheap now- in the $120-$150 range.

Ive used Crystalskys for a few years now. They can be picked up relatively cheaply nowadays.

I've used various phones, iPad Pro's, Air2, and Mini5 on iOS side, Samsung S6 & S7+... and 3 CS, one an UltraBright. Recently purchased a Tripltek 8". My preferred is a 2018 11" iPad Pro.

Not sure I'd invest in a CS, older Android, 32 bit, very limited to apps and quite sluggish... won't run newer DJI Fly App (if needed). They are bright, but the Tripltek 8 is about equal to CS, modern performance and open to all apps. To me it's the new CS tablet.... something DJI should have examined. Plus it runs the Fly App I think smoother than iOS.

None of these are low cost options, although if you intend to use in Hi / Low Temps, future drones and desire stable performance... I'd invest in 1-2 quality tablets.

I've used various phones, iPad Pro's, Air2, and Mini5 on iOS side, Samsung S6 & S7+... and 3 CS, one an UltraBright. Recently purchased a Tripltek 8". My preferred is a 2018 11" iPad Pro.

Not sure I'd invest in a CS, older Android, 32 bit, very limited to apps and quite sluggish... won't run newer DJI Fly App (if needed). They are bright, but the Tripltek 8 is about equal to CS, modern performance and open to all apps. To me it's the new CS tablet.... something DJI should have examined. Plus it runs the Fly App I think smoother than iOS.

None of these are low cost options, although if you intend to use in Hi / Low Temps, future drones and desire stable performance... I'd invest in 1-2 quality tablets.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T387 32GB, Wi-Fi + Cellular (AT&T), 8in is what I use. Paid 79 dollars for it and never a problem with my Inspire 1 Pro or Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom models.

I use a Samsung S7 plus tablet and it works great, screen size is 12.4" so I see everything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74