Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

50 hr service? ??

Reaction score
Hey guys..does anyone know about the 50 hr service that requires you to send your inspire1 back to the factory ?? Whats the cost and time frame ?? What services do the need to perform? ?

. . . mind you with props flying off, duff batteries and IMU issues (hopefully fixed now) I don't suppose many of us would get to 50 hours anyway . . .

Could this be the beginning of an entire new model of UAV sales/service? That there may be "service centers" and that, to stay flying, we would have to service the aircraft regularly to stay flying. From a manufacturer's point of view, I can see it as a way of trying to address liability. With all flight data being uploaded to the cloud without the pilot involved and the ability to lock down the aircraft if particular firmware is not uploaded, it seems strategic - thinking ahead. Which may be good to keep the skies safe.

Just thinking out loud.

Could this be the beginning of an entire new model of UAV sales/service? That there may be "service centers" and that, to stay flying, we would have to service the aircraft regularly to stay flying. From a manufacturer's point of view, I can see it as a way of trying to address liability. With all flight data being uploaded to the cloud without the pilot involved and the ability to lock down the aircraft if particular firmware is not uploaded, it seems strategic - thinking ahead. Which may be good to keep the skies safe.

Just thinking out loud.
Every obstacle can be a business opportunity...

Just thinking out loud.

It's already a business model in the automotive industry....marginalize the retail aspect and bank on the service revenue....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth