Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A lesson learned

Reaction score
So I go downtown LA to film around. A bit windy...bad GPS coming and going because of the tall buildings AND a full metal sculpture made from wrecked airplanes at the. Museum. (Should have been a tip off right there!). I get her up 20 ft and a bit wobbly in ATTI but I maintain control. THEN...RED ALERT. COMPASS INTERFERENCE. OH. BAD ****. Into a low bush. Two props. Gone. Could have been worse!

Are you running the latest firmware? I fly from my roof in DTLA all the time (not today because it's a little windier than I'd like) and haven't had any compass errors since the update. Granted there is probably more interference around MOCA than South Park. I sometimes have a difficult time getting the compass calibrated on my roof because it's a steel structure and there's a lot of mech equipment around.
Then don't calibrate on the roof! Calibrate in a known good area.

Are you running the latest firmware? I fly from my roof in DTLA all the time (not today because it's a little windier than I'd like) and haven't had any compass errors since the update. Granted there is probably more interference around MOCA than South Park. I sometimes have a difficult time getting the compass calibrated on my roof because it's a steel structure and there's a lot of mech equipment around.

NO, Im on .17 and I am NOT going to update..too many issues. Today was just not for flying. Combination of things went wrong. I learned a lesson

I did. Spot on. It was just too windy and too close of quarters. I DID learn a lesson. Only $10 worth of blades this time!
Hey Airwolf13..
If you have the new quick release props you might want to check the plastic cam mounts to make sure they weren't damaged in the crash..
Its possible for them to break in half..
Safe flying boys!!
Turbo....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk