Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A long Day With Florida Drone Supply And An M-200

Reaction score
I was invited to work with @Florida Drone Supply and another one of Michael's local clients to do a runway inspection here in South West Florida. We also had a couple of Inspire 2's and an M-600. We had an X4s, X5s and an XT thermal imaging camera along with the Olympus 12, 17, 25 and 45mm lenses. We had 4 sets of batteries for the M-600 (24 batteries), 14 sets (28 batteries) for the M-200 and Inspire 2's. We had a portable generator and a large battery bank for recharging all the batteries.

We had several iPads, 2 Crystalsky monitors and a couple of Atomos HDMI monitors.

Michael's other client was contracted to inspect the runway for defects and the surrounding area for future development. We did a multitude of passes and cross hatch passes using Drone Deploy's App testing all of the lenses and cameras to see which combination was the best for the task.

I am not privy to all the images that were taken but I am able to share some of the photos I captured. The one XT image I have is pretty neat as it shows where a manned aircraft was parked an hour or so before we flew the XT camera. You can see how the ground is cooler where the aircraft was.

It was a fun and very educational day with Michael and his clients, I was pleased to be invited.

EAP1.jpg EAP2.jpg EAP3.jpg EAP4.jpg EAP5.jpg

Good stuff! Next time you guys have a party, send a neighbor an invite;)
I am local here in Southwest FL.

Sure thing! We like to get our local clients involved in things whenever we can. This one was down in Everglades City. I'll let you know the next time we do something or we can get together anytime to show you all the newest stuff.

I am also going to check with the client to see if I can share some of the thermal or the stitched mapping images for anyone who is interested. The thermal images really showed the cracks in the runways well as they are a different temp than the runway itself...it looked like shattered glass in some places.

I am also going to check with the client to see if I can share some of the thermal or the stitched mapping images for anyone who is interested. The thermal images really showed the cracks in the runways well as they are a different temp than the runway itself...it looked like shattered glass in some places.

I look forward to seeing those images.

Michael's other client was contracted to inspect the runway for defects and the surrounding area for future development. We did a multitude of passes and cross hatch passes using Drone Deploy's App testing all of the lenses and cameras to see which combination was the best for the task.
View attachment 15138 View attachment 15139 View attachment 15140 View attachment 15141 View attachment 15142
Hello, sounds like a great opportunity to see and evaluate a wide variety of systems in practical application.
Please keep us updated with any findings!
QUESTION regarding DroneDeploy (DD): I fly an Inspire 1 and have had issues with DD not releasing control to pilot when mission starts to RTH. (ie RTH can NOT be cancelled by pilot) Did they let DD fly the machine from take off to landing or did the pilot manage the take-off and landing manually?

Reactions: SanCap
I am very interested in the M-200. Wish you weren't so far away! I'm in Somerset, Wisconsin which is not far from the Twin Cities (Minneapolis & St. Paul).
I know the area well. My family is all from the Minneapolis suburbs and other parts of rural MN. Still have family in Winona - right across from LaCross.

Reactions: SanCap
Hello, sounds like a great opportunity to see and evaluate a wide variety of systems in practical application.
Please keep us updated with any findings!
QUESTION regarding DroneDeploy (DD): I fly an Inspire 1 and have had issues with DD not releasing control to pilot when mission starts to RTH. (ie RTH can NOT be cancelled by pilot) Did they let DD fly the machine from take off to landing or did the pilot manage the take-off and landing manually?

They allowed full control of Drone Deploy, takeoff and landings. We were actually marking the takeoff spot and where it landed, it was mostly very accurate. DD was not always functioning properly. There were a couple of flights where it seemed to have lost its location and the camera would behave erratically, those times they aborted the mission and let it fly back on its own. We could never diagnose these experiences whether it was input error or interference from outside sources.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde