Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

A second life of Inspire 1 ...

Reaction score
drone light_01.jpg

No, this is NOT light painting with Mavic's belly lights. It is a film scene illumination with 28K lumens LED modules, attached to Inspire 1. This custom mod allows for approx. 9 minutes of continuous light. The frame was grabbed from 30fps CineDNG footage shot at 400 ISO, 1/60 shutter speed and F 2.8 aperture.

belly.jpg

View attachment 29379

No, this is NOT light painting with Mavic's belly lights. It is a film scene illumination with 28K lumens LED modules, attached to Inspire 1. This custom mod allows for approx. 9 minutes of continuous light. The frame was grabbed from 30fps CineDNG footage shot at 400 ISO, 1/60 shutter speed and F 2.8 aperture.

View attachment 29380
Nice one! Are you using additional transmitter for the power switch?

View attachment 29379

View attachment 29380
That's a very kewl modification! I may have to look into that. Thanx for the share.

Are they dimmable? I wonder how hard it would be to use RGB lights. Very kewl.

Based on your photos, the entire LED circuitry, including power, is completely discreet, yes?

D

That's a very kewl modification! I may have to look into that. Thanx for the share.

Are they dimmable? I wonder how hard it would be to use RGB lights. Very kewl.

Based on your photos, the entire LED circuitry, including power, is completely discreet, yes?

D
Hi Donnie, my fellow nerd :) ! Yes, all components are widely available on vast Chinese market and dirt cheap. Accept - perhaps - for YUJILEDS® High CRI 95+ COB LED - 400H - 100W modules you would like to employ for true RGB light temperature. These are expensive, but necessary for professional filmmaking indeed. For my prototyping I've used standard, cheap LEDs. Dimmable? Of course, just throttle the drone up and boom, it's dimmed :D !

There's a small company manufacturing coincidentally almost identical devices, called StratusLEDs.

Cheers,
Matthew.

top.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 29379

View attachment 29380
Love it Matthew!
Good to see you out in the wild again :)

So happy for you! I have been enjoying the smoke free season too … and the turbine jets are grounded until the fire season is over.
Rich
Richard, just curious ... What jet models had to do with fire season?

BTW, I'm really enjoying this little Mavic I bought from you. It's amazing piece of technology and so easy on my weakening muscles :D ...

Richard, just curious ... What jet models had to do with fire season?

BTW, I'm really enjoying this little Mavic I bought from you. It's amazing piece of technology and so easy on my weakening muscles :D ...
The turbine jets have an EGT of 700*C + at the tailpipe, easy to start a fire if you don’t make it back on the runway. :/ :( I have 11 flights and it’s amazing fun.
glad the old Mavic is serving you well! I agree it’s much easier than the I1 or I2 to haul around

not the same thrill factor though
Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08