Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Accessing Video/Camera Menu Options

Reaction score
I had a problem with accessing the various menu options for the video and camera settings for my 2 day old I2 (X4S camera), while running the DJI Go 4 App. It was on an iPad Air 2 with the latest Go App version (4.0.2). Initially I was not able to access the options for the various menu groups (Camera - Photo, Image Size, Image Format etc. and for Video - Video Size, Video Format, NTSC/PAL etc.) I then used my iPhone 6s and I was able to access the various Camera and Video menu options. I decided to change the various settings using the iPhone 6s to those most frequently used by me (based on my I1 and P4 experience). When I swapped the iPhone for the iPad the settings were as I had set them, but more importantly I was then able to access all menu options on the iPad. I'm not sure why this worked, but thought it might be the 21st century equivalent of hitting some piece of mechanical equipment with a big hammer. Not sure if anyone has experienced similar issues, but the fix was easy but not very intuitive. Can't wait to do more flying. The I2 appears generations ahead of the I1.

I had a problem with accessing the various menu options for the video and camera settings for my 2 day old I2 (X4S camera), while running the DJI Go 4 App. It was on an iPad Air 2 with the latest Go App version (4.0.2). Initially I was not able to access the options for the various menu groups (Camera - Photo, Image Size, Image Format etc. and for Video - Video Size, Video Format, NTSC/PAL etc.) I then used my iPhone 6s and I was able to access the various Camera and Video menu options. I decided to change the various settings using the iPhone 6s to those most frequently used by me (based on my I1 and P4 experience). When I swapped the iPhone for the iPad the settings were as I had set them, but more importantly I was then able to access all menu options on the iPad. I'm not sure why this worked, but thought it might be the 21st century equivalent of hitting some piece of mechanical equipment with a big hammer. Not sure if anyone has experienced similar issues, but the fix was easy but not very intuitive. Can't wait to do more flying. The I2 appears generations ahead of the I1.
When you were trying to access the menu items was your I2 turned on/connected?
The aircraft must be on to enable all functionality of the menus.

The I2 was on and connected to the RC, based on the green light on the RC, the ability to pan the camera, spin the motors etc. I had had two flight with no issues, apart from an inability to change the camera settings which I attributed something I was missing while flying. Tried the usual turning on and off the RC, I2, iPad and resetting the iPad. My next step was to delete the Go app but I thought I would try the iPhone first.

I had same problem I fixed by reloading DJI GO but it returned again the next day the menu is there but if you tap nothing happens I was then advised by DJI to delete any application such. DJI GS and litchi etc. Since then no further problems. I have not installed any drone app since

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

I've had similar issue but in my case when powering on, the Rc connected to aircraft ok but for some reason wasn't connecting to the iPad. It connected fine after rebooting Rc or just unplugging and reconnecting the iPad USB.

I think I have now got on top of all the controls etc. in the DJI Go 4 app. Initially I wasn't sure that the obstacle avoidance and tap to focus features were working at all during preliminary flights. After the experience with the camera and video menu options not working with the iPad, I used the iPhone and went through most of the menu options and turned them off and back on, while connected to the I2, sitting on the bench. Sure enough, next flight with the iPad, saw the obstacle avoidance and tap to focus features working as expected. As Dr Jon suggested, reloading the app (and removing other apps) would probably have worked with the iPad. My conclusion is that in my case the Go 4 app was not fully functional with the iPad, but missing menu options could be "woken up" by using another device. My suggestion would be that if you have problems accessing menu options or they don't seem to work as expected, try another iPad, iPhone or android device first.

I was advised by DJI to "kill" any unwanted background applications on the iPad before starting DJI GO. To do this press the home button on the iPad twice quickly it will show open apps then simply flick them up the screen to delete

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1