Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Actual Prop life for the I1

Reaction score
Several threads on I2, carbon fiber, etcetera. None unless going back more than a couple of search pages. And now 3+ years in would be long term for them, if original.

I have bought 3 I1's in the last couple of weeks. The latest arrived Saturday. Took it out for a test flight. On launch it never made it to hover height. Prop threw a blade at about 16 inches up. And I was on grass. So no damage to the bird. 3.5 props were still working. She came down erratically of course. So I immediately threw out the broken and remaining props. I have recieved a number of brand new in the box sealed props with the various birds. What life span should one expect? 6 months, a year? Props are cheaper than repair or replacement. So preventive care makes sense.

Any thoughts, experience, comments? dji does not say on their website.

Several threads on I2, carbon fiber, etcetera. None unless going back more than a couple of search pages. And now 3+ years in would be long term for them, if original.

I have bought 3 I1's in the last couple of weeks. The latest arrived Saturday. Took it out for a test flight. On launch it never made it to hover height. Prop threw a blade at about 16 inches up. And I was on grass. So no damage to the bird. 3.5 props were still working. She came down erratically of course. So I immediately threw out the broken and remaining props. I have recieved a number of brand new in the box sealed props with the various birds. What life span should one expect? 6 months, a year? Props are cheaper than repair or replacement. So preventive care makes sense.

Any thoughts, experience, comments? dji does not say on their website.
You presumably do not include prop inspection within your pre flight checks. Props do not just 'throw a blade's unless they hit something or have pre existing damage/crack etc.
This has been covered previously.....
If the props receive no damage/collision with anything they are good for years.
Quick locking mounts are not - the cams wear and this is covered on DJI's website (and on here).
Replacement is advised after 200 flights/mounts/dismounts.
The original (and better) threaded props with prop locks do not wear.

You presumably do not include prop inspection within your pre flight checks. Props do not just 'throw a blade's unless they hit something or have pre existing damage/crack etc.
This has been covered previously.....
If the props receive no damage/collision with anything they are good for years.
Quick locking mounts are not - the cams wear and this is covered on DJI's website (and on here).
Replacement is advised after 200 flights/mounts/dismounts.
The original (and better) threaded props with prop locks do not wear.

I did look at the props. I looked over the whole bird. Checked battery levels, usage, etc.

The props had nary a mark on them.

I check my props frequently and I haven't hit anything, ever and I have the same four props on our I1 that came with in 2014...even have the old prop locks which I also check and are in great shape. I fly, on average 15-20 times per year to gather video, take photos or for practice. It really depends on the jobs and the weather. So, I'm well below the 200 flights mentioned in an earlier comment.

I check my props frequently and I haven't hit anything, ever and I have the same four props on our I1 that came with in 2014...even have the old prop locks which I also check and are in great shape. I fly, on average 15-20 times per year to gather video, take photos or for practice. It really depends on the jobs and the weather. So, I'm well below the 200 flights mentioned in an earlier comment.

It was just a bad prop I guess. It literally sheared clean at the hub. The bird is a v1 so may be that old as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez