Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

After The Fire - The Sacra of San Michele

Reaction score

The Sacra of San Michele In Italy after the fire.

After the fire of the Monastery of the Sacra of San Michele, in the Val di Susa Valley, 40 km from Turin, uno of Piedmont's symbols, that also inspire Umberto Eco's " In the name of the rose" book and movie.

Like this one again.Good editing and music choice too.Everytime a joy to watch your movie's .

Thanks Huppe. It's a pity about the roof catching fire. This is the perfect location for movies.

But the gear does not a photog make. It is the medium for talent!!
Good fishing pole doesn't make a good fisherman!!

So, did the fire start in the library at San Michele, and did they find the body of Jorge?

I've enjoyed a number of Eco's books, but it has to be said the film slaughtered the story, with the demise of Bernard Gui providing a brief moment of comic relief!

Thanks for sharing the footage - it looks a fantastic site, and I'm sure it must see some beautiful sunsets! The monks that built the monasteries managed to choose some stunning sites around europe.

So, did the fire start in the library at San Michele, and did they find the body of Jorge?

I've enjoyed a number of Eco's books, but it has to be said the film slaughtered the story, with the demise of Bernard Gui providing a brief moment of comic relief!

Thanks for sharing the footage - it looks a fantastic site, and I'm sure it must see some beautiful sunsets! The monks that built the monasteries managed to choose some stunning sites around europe.
:) It was still an interesting 'Low budget' movie. They could not afford the Sacra, as far as I remember, although they tried. Such a gorgeous place, the sunsets are stunning too.
DJI_0168.jpg

It's a stunning site, the monks knew how to pick their locations.... though having seen a few photos of it in wintertime, they must have looked forward to their allotted time in the warming room!

I'm hoping someone decides to make a movie of Baudolino... that would make a very enjoyable voyage through medieval & mythical Europe :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac