Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0300 Failure and Solution

Reaction score
My latest firmware update failed.

I'd tried DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac and the firmware update failed twice at around 78%.

I proceeded to connect the I2 to Go4 on my iPad 4 and the same thing happened. However this time the update appeared stuck at the point of updating the camera - my X5S (this indication was not present on the screen when using Assistant 2). It would show total progress of 79% but camera progress extended from 1-18%, and would then revert to 1 and start again. This occurred three times before a message surfaced stating that the firmware update had failed.

I started again, turned off my I2, and disconnected the X5S and attached my X4S. This time it worked without a glitch.

I expected to have to update the firmware on my X5S, so I reattached it, and to my surprise, no further update was needed.

Bottom line, the Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0300 glitches when it reaches the X5S. My solution was simply to replace it with the X4S. Perhaps a camera is not required to be attached. I do not know the answer.

Hope this helps anyone who might be extraordinarily frustrated at this time.

By the way, I flew the I2 without a glitch after the update.

I posted this on the DJI forum as well.

Barry

Reactions: Mindframecinema
i am having the exact same problem with x5s...i don't have the x4s to swap so i will try updating without a camera attached..hope it works.

i guess when the warning comes up:

"Important Inspire 2 Firmware Update Announcement for Zenmuse X7:

.....please follow tue correct instructions....DO NOT connect the X7 to your I2 before the update is complete......"

actually refers to attaching any camera (beside the x4s as stated in the original post)....by removing the camera x5s, it appears to work better....at least now i am able to get to 99% total, stuck at Vision Sensor at 99%.....WTH .

I solved that problem with an X7 by just putting in the original SD card formatted in my desktop. Without this procedure the update process failed at 73% and I was unable to update the camera!

If I have to do another firmware update in the future, should I do it Without the X5s attached?

This is the first time I've had a significant problem with an I2 firmware update. I believe the issue was centered around the fact that this last firmware update specifically addressed the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineC