Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft icon in app pointing in wrong direction!

Reaction score
I have had my Inspire for months and Im on the most current firmware. Yesterday is the first time i have ever see this happen. I fly at least 4 times a week. What would cause this to happen? Im referring to the little arrow that is in the radar looking display in the bottom left corner. Its at least 25 degrees off to the right. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Presuming you have done a careful compass calibration, are you near any large metal mass (e.g. your car) when you notice this error? Or, turning it around, what are you near when you see the error?

Andy.

Presuming you have done a careful compass calibration, are you near any large metal mass (e.g. your car) when you notice this error? Or, turning it around, what are you near when you see the error?

Andy.
I was flying at about 200' AGL and i started using the arrow to fly back towards me. Thats when I noticed the aircraft wasn't pointed the same direction as the icon on screen. I did the campus calibration just like i have always. I was in an open field when i did.

I was flying at about 200' AGL and i started using the arrow to fly back towards me. Thats when I noticed the aircraft wasn't pointed the same direction as the icon on screen. I did the campus calibration just like i have always. I was in an open field when i did.
Hey josh..
I guessing you're on an Android device...
find a good location to do a compass calibration and do your calibrations there...
try turning your aircraft off including the rc and app ..
Try cycling it a couple of times ,and remove your battery, in the same place and move around ten feet each time to see if that helps line up the ac with your directional pointer...
if not do another compass calibration. .
keep moving, calibrating and cycling the inspire ,rc and app until it lines up..
once you get it all lined up and your mod values are in spec leave it alone...do not calibrate unless your app prompts you to or after a firmware update. ..

Hey josh..
I guessing you're on an Android device...
find a good location to do a compass calibration and do your calibrations there...
try turning your aircraft off including the rc and app ..
Try cycling it a couple of times ,and remove your battery, in the same place and move around ten feet each time to see if that helps line up the ac with your directional pointer...
if not do another compass calibration. .
keep moving, calibrating and cycling the inspire ,rc and app until it lines up..
once you get it all lined up and your mod values are in spec leave it alone...do not calibrate unless your app prompts you to or after a firmware update. ..

I do have a Shield Tablet. I will try what you have suggested. Thanks.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I do have a Shield Tablet. I will try what you have suggested. Thanks.

So i have done some testing and it turns out to be the shield tablet. I put my Note 4 on the RC and the icon and bird are perfectly aligned in all situations. I put the Shield Tablet back on and its misaligned. I tried to calibrate the Shield Tablet compass with the GPS status app but its still out. Well at least i know its the cheap Shield tablet and not the I1. Anyone have any other suggestions on getting the Tablet compass calibrated?

So i have done some testing and it turns out to be the shield tablet. I put my Note 4 on the RC and the icon and bird are perfectly aligned in all situations. I put the Shield Tablet back on and its misaligned. I tried to calibrate the Shield Tablet compass with the GPS status app but its still out. Well at least i know its the cheap Shield tablet and not the I1. Anyone have any other suggestions on getting the Tablet compass calibrated?
It happens on my galaxy 5s too...
get an I pad and you wont have this issue. ..

You're probably in a place that's causing interference with your shield...

It happens on my galaxy 5s too...
get an I pad and you wont have this issue. ..

Humm.... I have a huge aversion to Apple and will never spend a dime on any of their products. I guess i will just deal with it or get another android device. The bird fly's perfectly and all my MOD values are spot on.

Humm.... I have a huge aversion to Apple and will never spend a dime on any of their products. I guess i will just deal with it or get another android device. The bird fly's perfectly and all my MOD values are spot on.
Just keep trying to get it to line up by moving and calibrating ..
I love my shield. .the pointer issue sucks ,but once you get it straightened out it's pretty good...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar