Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Altitude Limit on Inspire

Reaction score
Website
higherspeech.com
If I understand correctly, the Inspire has a fixed altitude limit of 400'.

What happens if you launch next to a 420' hill, and you want to fly over it?

Maybe I've misunderstood, because that doesn't make much sense to me.

What is the story here?

You can change the altitude limit in the settings. It will give you the standard 'These are the rules and break them at your own peril' warning.

Fly safe and enjoy.

T
If I understand correctly, the Inspire has a fixed altitude limit of 400'.

What happens if you launch next to a 420' hill, and you want to fly over it?

Maybe I've misunderstood, because that doesn't make much sense to me.

What is the story here?
This has been covered many ,many, many times previously.....
The Inspire has a software controlled ceiling of 500meters FROM IT'S TAKEOFF POINT.
That means if you took off from Everest Summit (although you couldn't because the air would be too thin) you could climb to 500m above Everest.
If you took off from the bottom of a 500m deep canyon you could climb level to the canyon rim - and that's it.
Any height between 1 meter and 500 meters is able to be set by the user to limit the Inspires altitude.
The exception to this (with the latest firmware release) is that if no GPS reception is present the Inspire is automatically limited to 122m/400ft above take off point.
I hope that clarifies things.

Reactions: Airwolf13
T

This has been covered many ,many, many times previously.....
The Inspire has a software controlled ceiling of 500meters FROM IT'S TAKEOFF POINT.
That means if you took off from Everest Summit (although you couldn't because the air would be too thin) you could climb to 500m above Everest.
If you took off from the bottom of a 500m deep canyon you could climb level to the canyon rim - and that's it.
Any height between 1 meter and 500 meters is able to be set by the user to limit the Inspires altitude.
The exception to this (with the latest firmware release) is that if no GPS reception is present the Inspire is automatically limited to 122m/400ft above take off point.
I hope that clarifies things.
Yep, thanks. Do you know if the Phantom 3 has the same limit?

. . . and I ask because I like to fly in places that have a huge range of elevation in a short distance. 500m is very limiting if the landscape changes 800m in a half-mile.
In that case, the Inspire is probably not the craft for you - The Phantom 3 will have the same restrictions

I have seen several discussions around the limits of altitude above the take off point. Is there a max elevation on the Inspire? What is the highest anyone has taken off and flown at?

I understand flight times, etc would be impacted. I was going to try my Inspire out at 12,000 feet but didn't get a chance after all.

OK, you pulled that one out of the fire. Next time the fine will be doubled.

P.S. Do have any good responses for avoiding speeding tickets? o_O
The best excuse I come up with the last time I got caught speeding was
"I couldn't see the sign telling me not to do it"
The police officer literally broke out in tears and let me off.

The best excuse I come up with the last time I got caught speeding was
"I couldn't see the sign telling me not to do it"
The police officer literally broke out in tears and let me off.

That's like the blind guy who got pulled over for erratic driving. The cop asked him why on earth he was driving a car if he was blind. He replied, "My buddy is too drunk to drive." :confused:

True story!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters