Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android 1.2.0 app released

Myself and a friend both had the app restart mid flight today. This has never happened to either of us before with previous app versions. Also we are both experiencing lag in the downlink video. This is using an nvidia shield, a Google nexus and a Samsung galaxy note edge. Come on DJI, sort it out!
On the plus side I'm liking the new additions with the app. Doesn't make up for the new lagginess though.
Yes, that's exactly what started to happen on my Nvidia Shield also. It would re-boot the Pilot app several times in mid-flight. This never happened with the previous app version. Also, there is quite a long delay for the landing legs to retract downward when landing. I will hover the bird 1 or 2 feet from the ground and it takes 30-40 seconds for the gear to lower. Kinda scary. I have cleaned the downward camera, and checked there was no debris in the two sensors. All looks good. I can't figure this one out.

Yes, that's exactly what started to happen on my Nvidia Shield also. It would re-boot the Pilot app several times in mid-flight. This never happened with the previous app version. Also, there is quite a long delay for the landing legs to retract downward when landing. I will hover the bird 1 or 2 feet from the ground and it takes 30-40 seconds for the gear to lower. Kinda scary. I have cleaned the downward camera, and checked there was no debris in the two sensors. All looks good. I can't figure this one out.
Flew 4 TB48's today so around an hour and fifteen mins in the air. All perfect, no app restart or glitches etc. Running the Shield as well.
Do you have any background apps running or app killers running?

Flew 4 TB48's today so around an hour and fifteen mins in the air. All perfect, no app restart or glitches etc. Running the Shield as well.
Do you have any background apps running or app killers running?
My Shield Tab was factory reset by myself when the Pilot App problem started, thinking that would help. App still reboots itself, and I get a pop-up saying something like "g.apps.com has stopped working". I have cleared the app cache and data, but still keeps crashing. Only the Pilot App reboots, not the entire Shield. Hmmmm

We went flying today, 2 Inspires, never had a app problem prior to this, This app on 2 different inspires, 1 note 3 and samsung tab s, crashed repeatedly, and video link was terrible lag on 80% of the flights, on both of our inspire app crashed repeatedly, 4 batteries each... for us.....worst app upgrade ever, terrible....

We went flying today, 2 Inspires, never had a app problem prior to this, This app on 2 different inspires, 1 note 3 and samsung tab s, crashed repeatedly, and video link was terrible lag on 80% of the flights, on both of our inspire app crashed repeatedly, 4 batteries each... for us.....worst app upgrade ever, terrible....
Just roll back to v1.1.1 or v1.0.10 if you are having issues.

Reactions: Drone Mastery
My Shield Tab was factory reset by myself when the Pilot App problem started, thinking that would help. App still reboots itself, and I get a pop-up saying something like "g.apps.com has stopped working". I have cleared the app cache and data, but still keeps crashing. Only the Pilot App reboots, not the entire Shield. Hmmmm
That pop up is the same pop up my friend and me also get when the app reboots.

First thing i noticed is that the Director function crashes my Nvidia Shield. It works on the Galaxy S6. Both the Shield and the S6 are on the same version of Android OS. It is sad that DJI will not update new devices on the recommend list for the Pilot app. The Shield is incredibly capable for its cost but yet suffers some issues.

Myself and a friend both had the app restart mid flight today. This has never happened to either of us before with previous app versions. Also we are both experiencing lag in the downlink video. This is using an nvidia shield, a Google nexus and a Samsung galaxy note edge. Come on DJI, sort it out!
On the plus side I'm liking the new additions with the app. Doesn't make up for the new lagginess though.

Have had 4 full flights so far on this new FW. I always restart the Nvidia Shield before operating, and I have the Shield Performance mode set to maximum. Never had any restarts or out of the ordinary lag with the app yet, even at 1500m.

First thing i noticed is that the Director function crashes my Nvidia Shield. It works on the Galaxy S6. Both the Shield and the S6 are on the same version of Android OS. It is sad that DJI will not update new devices on the recommend list for the Pilot app. The Shield is incredibly capable for its cost but yet suffers some issues.

Interesting. no crashes using the Director app on my Shield either... At what point does it crash the Shield?

First thing i noticed is that the Director function crashes my Nvidia Shield. It works on the Galaxy S6. Both the Shield and the S6 are on the same version of Android OS.

Incorrect.. The shield is on Android 5.1, the S6 is on 5.0.2 (5.1 has not been released yet for the S6 FYI). I know because I have both, and the Shield is the most up to date.

I'll say that I did not connect the Shield to the I1. I was checking the new setting and noticed that as soon as I opened the Directors mode from the front screen the application hung and i had to restart the app.

anyone have the 1.1.0 andoid app install file they can send me? or a link to it? upgraded to 1.2.0 today and it is unusable, way too much lag in the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare