Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android 1.2.0 app released

I flew twice tonight with the new App on an Android Nexus. Seemed way better then the flights I had last night. I did have a bit if fish bowling after launch, but I think my MOD values were a bit high from where I had the Inspire sitting when I first powered it on. I moved it to a new location about 8 ft away and the mod values were like 14xx. I think that it takes several minutes in the new location to settle down. After launch I switch to ATTI mode and after a few minutes in the air a switched back to P-GPS and it was pretty stable.

Did not lose the vide signal tonight like I did last night. The app seems to be more stable.

Can you or someone explain the roll back process? I'm not a android guy but use the Tab S for the Inspire
Just uninstall the current version and then install the version you want to.
This cannot be done with firmware but the app version is freely 'swappable'

Just a thought...... You guys that are having problems with v1.2.0 the common symptom seems to be it crashes/restarts at around 3-5 mins into the flight.
So, do you guys have 'Cache locally when recording" selected (which I believe is on by default).
It IS possible that this is causing a problem. Mine is turned off and I have also not even fired up 'Director' which for me is just useless bloatware.

Cache locally was switched off. Turned off before first flight as already read that it causes problems. :-(

Is it just me or have they removed the option to cache maps for offline flying? I haven't flown with the new app yet hut I was looking round it yesterday (with i1 disconnected) and I couldn't find the option to cache maps?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Just a thought...... You guys that are having problems with v1.2.0 the common symptom seems to be it crashes/restarts at around 3-5 mins into the flight.
So, do you guys have 'Cache locally when recording" selected (which I believe is on by default).
It IS possible that this is causing a problem. Mine is turned off and I have also not even fired up 'Director' which for me is just useless bloatware.
I've tried with both it on and off, it doesn't seem to make much difference. Mine crashes a bit further in to the flight, around 10 mins in maybe. It doesn't crash every flight I should add. But I would say it's around 10-20% of flights.

I never had this with previous versions. It's why I went with Andriod/Nvidia Shield, as I see a friends iPad crash a fair bit.

I just got my Inspire and can't seem to get 1.2.0 to work with Nexus 7 as a slave. Clicking on slave does nothing, it just resets to off.

Does anyone have a copy of the older version ? Thinking maybe I can set it up with the old version then upgrade.

Is your Nexus 7 the 2013 version? I know the first Nexus 7 does not have enough CPU power to support the DJI Pilot App. I'm running it fine on my 2013 version.

I just got my Inspire and can't seem to get 1.2.0 to work with Nexus 7 as a slave. Clicking on slave does nothing, it just resets to off.

Does anyone have a copy of the older version ? Thinking maybe I can set it up with the old version then upgrade.

Is your Nexus 7 the 2013 version? I know the first Nexus 7 does not have enough CPU power to support the DJI Pilot App. I'm running it fine on my 2013 version.

Yes, it's a gen 2. I haven't even gotten to the point where it attempted to stream video. The app has a bug where the master or slave switch does not work. You click it and it turns off.

On my Samsung Galaxy Alpha (worked fine with previous versions) the App crashed 2 times during flights yesterday evening.
If I start Director, it immediately freezes the phone completely and I even have to remove the battery to kill the app.

Back to IOS then. Too bad.

Worked well on the Nvidia Shield, besides some minor RC signal interference resulted in some (video) signal glitches and lost signal. Probably becuase of lake_flyer who whas standing next to me..;)

Worked well on the Nvidia Shield, besides some minor RC signal interference resulted in some (video) signal glitches and lost signal. Probably becuase of lake_flyer who whas standing next to me..;)
Yesterday i got "not connected" on my shield but the camera feed continued

Sent from my S5

Have you tried Director already? Is it working on your Shield?

Had the app lock up on the shield yesterday on my second battery. No problems on the first. Second had laggy video than it locked up. Restarted the app and was good to go.

First time I've had any problems

I had a flight yesterday with 5 batteries and during flights my app crashed, froze, restarted and totally ultra video lagged on me... with video feed freezing and forcing me to fly without the app... I also started thinking it might be my phone... but I am not sure now....

edit: I am running on a samsung galaxy s4 Active with android vers. 5.0.1...

I had a flight yesterday with 5 batteries and during flights my app crashed, froze, restarted and totally ultra video lagged on me... with video feed freezing and forcing me to fly without the app... I also started thinking it might be my phone... but I am not sure now....

edit: I am running on a samsung galaxy s4 Active with android vers. 5.0.1...
It's not your phone. You had the same issues as me and I tried with two devices. Note Edge and Nexus tab. Both the same symptoms.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars