Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android Tablet

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.? Please no bashing iOS or android as to which is better etc. I would like to know if you have any problems and what you like about it. Is the display hard to read in sunlight?

There is one person on here using the Tab S and he says it's smooth and perfect. There are several people on rcgroups who have used them and say they stutter at first but although that can be solved by removing a lot of the Samsung crap, the frame rate is very low (10 fps ish) making the experience poor.
The earlier (and cheaper) Tab Pro seems to be better by all accounts.

I had one and was not at all smooth jittered loads freshly wiped tab S don't think it had enough power.

iOS iphone 6+ smooth as silk

I had one and was not at all smooth jittered loads freshly wiped tab S don't think it had enough power.

The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is an 8-core CPU best. 4 cores run at 1.9GHz, and 4 cores run at 1.3GHz.

I am not telling you that you did not experience jittery video. I am just telling you that your jittery video was not due to the tablet's lack of power.

I have a tab S 8.4 and have had no issues. Put about 8 flights using it (just bought it Friday 1/16) and 12 flights with my iPad mini 2

Are you able to tell me the pixel count from a still from taken by the Inspire Camera (3,992 x 2,992 or 3,992 x 2,242) when it is being controlled from the Samsung? I may need to move from the iPhone to an Android Tablet iOS app issues etc), - and the phone only enables 8.5MP images to be taken, whereas a 4x3 tablet (e.g. iPad) will give the full 12MP.

Last edited:
Strange,note 3 runned much better maybe you guys where useing a newer version???

Tablet had been reverted to factory state completely clean, helped a little but still wasn't right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips