Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another firmware upgrade question & iOS

Reaction score
New I1 Pro owner. Currently on 1.9.1.30 version firmware. So far, operates perfectly using a Samsung S8 phone. From what I've read - of course lots of views for various reasons - the biggest reason to upgrade is to get some new problems, from upgrading, to connections, to misc. Considering that right now, I've got no issues, what are the positives to upgrading? Any new capabilities? At this moment, no problems to be fixed.

On the iOS - I tried using an older iPad mini (it has the minimum iOS level to run the GO app), and it crashes immediately when it attaches to the drone. Is this where the upgraded firmware could help? While the mini has a larger screen than the Samsung, if it crashes all the time...

Must be a mini less than a mini4? Updating the aircraft will do nothing to enhance the performance of your device.

New I1 Pro owner. Currently on 1.9.1.30 version firmware. So far, operates perfectly using a Samsung S8 phone. From what I've read - of course lots of views for various reasons - the biggest reason to upgrade is to get some new problems, from upgrading, to connections, to misc. Considering that right now, I've got no issues, what are the positives to upgrading? Any new capabilities? At this moment, no problems to be fixed.

On the iOS - I tried using an older iPad mini (it has the minimum iOS level to run the GO app), and it crashes immediately when it attaches to the drone. Is this where the upgraded firmware could help? While the mini has a larger screen than the Samsung, if it crashes all the time...

Updating the firmware will throttle back video transmission strength. Assuming you're in the U.S., you'll lose about 75%.

D

Must be a mini less than a mini4? Updating the aircraft will do nothing to enhance the performance of your device.
It's a mini1. I think the download says minimum iOS 8, which it has. Apple store won't download to machines that won't run the software. However, as my experience shows, doesn't mean that the software will perform well.

It's a mini1. I think the download says minimum iOS 8, which it has. Apple store won't download to machines that won't run the software. However, as my experience shows, doesn't mean that the software will perform well.

Don't update your iOS either. Run Go App v3.1.1. Lock it all down. Rock solid for the rest of your life.

D

Update - seems the crashing problem was on the iPad side. In my house, it now seems very stable after some messing with the iPad only. Haven't tried it yet flying, want to feel more confident in it before tying it to real life. Older firmware (I keep getting the update required message) works perfectly with no glitches, so will not fix what isn't broken right now. Using Samsung S8 exposes the critical need for a slightly larger monitor - fat fingering controls is a regular occurrence, make the use of the iPad (or equivalent) seem to be needed. Thanks for the comments/opinions.

Just moved from Yuneec Typhoon H for various reasons. But - their ST16 controller is absolutely the best. Built-in screen that is about double + the size of an iPhone, controls ergonomic and programmable. No wires, no second second item to remember/charge/update (phone or monitor), just a great piece. Too bad not able to be adapted... It's why I initially chose that drone, but the constant loss of connections made it unreliable - at least for me. Zero problem in that area with the Inspire 1 Pro - so far.

Update - seems the crashing problem was on the iPad side. In my house, it now seems very stable after some messing with the iPad only. Haven't tried it yet flying, want to feel more confident in it before tying it to real life. Older firmware (I keep getting the update required message) works perfectly with no glitches, so will not fix what isn't broken right now. Using Samsung S8 exposes the critical need for a slightly larger monitor - fat fingering controls is a regular occurrence, make the use of the iPad (or equivalent) seem to be needed. Thanks for the comments/opinions.

Just moved from Yuneec Typhoon H for various reasons. But - their ST16 controller is absolutely the best. Built-in screen that is about double + the size of an iPhone, controls ergonomic and programmable. No wires, no second second item to remember/charge/update (phone or monitor), just a great piece. Too bad not able to be adapted... It's why I initially chose that drone, but the constant loss of connections made it unreliable - at least for me. Zero problem in that area with the Inspire 1 Pro - so far.

Now make sure you select your video channel manually. Go into the HD menu. Avoid solid red channels completely. The more green, the better. The 32 channel hack is the next step to flying Nirvana. It has saved my bacon on a couple jobs.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop