Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another Fly-Away... Almost!!

Reaction score
Hey guys

Got my I1 2 days ago and this is my first drone & RC. I started flying in atti from the get-go as recommended by a professional UAV pilot in my country. Well, this was the best advice ever. On my 8th flight I wanted to experiment with the camera/gimbal controls so I have send it up to +-10meters and kept it in GPS mode for this. The aircraft behaved very well up there and kept it's position perfectly. I have suddenly noticed a red exclamation on the Pilot App and immediately looked up at the craft only to see that it is flying off. With my very limited flight experience I could manage to pull it back and bring it down safely. Now we all know that things can/WILL eventually go wrong, but I would feel better if I knew what caused this. I could not get a chance to read what was displayed next to the exclamation mark and would like to be able to investigate.

Is there a way to view the flight logs myself or is the user limited to the flight replay option?

v5MOX8W.jpg
NormalAppImage(3).png

Same happened to me but mine went a lot further making a post now.
Hey guys

Got my I1 2 days ago and this is my first drone & RC. I started flying in atti from the get-go as recommended by a professional UAV pilot in my country. Well, this was the best advice ever. On my 8th flight I wanted to experiment with the camera/gimbal controls so I have send it up to +-10meters and kept it in GPS mode for this. The aircraft behaved very well up there and kept it's position perfectly. I have suddenly noticed a red exclamation on the Pilot App and immediately looked up at the craft only to see that it is flying off. With my very limited flight experience I could manage to pull it back and bring it down safely. Now we all know that things can/WILL eventually go wrong, but I would feel better if I knew what caused this. I could not get a chance to read what was displayed next to the exclamation mark and would like to be able to investigate.

Is there a way to view the flight logs myself or is the user limited to the flight replay option?

v5MOX8W.jpg
View attachment 406

Hey guys

You might want to install a gps tracker and a screen recoding app like Mobizen. .it's pretty good..
v5MOX8W.jpg
View attachment 406

Sounds like it dropped into Atti mode and drifted with the wind. Do you have any video of the incident?

There are numerous users who are reporting constant loss of GPS mode/drop into Atti and random times.

Allegedly DJI are working on a fix.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Sounds like it dropped into Atti mode and drifted with the wind. Do you have any video of the incident?

There are numerous users who are reporting constant loss of GPS mode/drop into Atti and random times.

Allegedly DJI are working on a fix.
I think I was recording at the time but did not see that as anything usefull as the footage would not indicate what mode it was in?

I will go check the card for any recordings in anycase.

I think he said he was in attitude mode you miss heard it's not good to start in attitude mode they were saying gps attitude mode when you fly in attitude mode if it's real windy you position will not hold because gps is not keeping you there it's really dangerous to fly in attitude Mode if you don't have lots of experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you can't read it anymore I.e your position it hit into something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys

v5MOX8W.jpg
View attachment 406

The craft switched to ATTI as per the app. This is due to bad compass data being received. DJI is working on a solution, making this a little less sensitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44