Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another offering of ND filters.

Very nice, except it doesn't seem like the polarizer is adjustable and they are out of stock

3 stop still won't be enough for bright sunny days. they are also double the weight of the original filters. The ones offered by a member here are supposed to all be the exact 3g and made of aluminum with a 4 stop

I would not recommend a ND more than 3 stops ( unless top quality ,like B+W or Sing Ray) because possibility of colour shift.Secondly ,for photography or video the bright sunny day is not good lighting condition, the light is to hard as well the shadows.
Now regarding the filter weight ;I don't believe 3g filter in aluminum frame for inspire could be reality (sorry if I am wrong).
I am trying to make filter/frame system out of carbon fibre,for my inspire ,and I my weight is more than 3gr.
More and more links are appearing ,offering filters for inspire/phantom ,but nobody shows technical info for the filters.
Please do a research and request more info before you buy . Don't get burned.

i will blindly buy snake river prototypes based on past purchases. they know how make a quality optic filter imo.

I would not recommend a ND more than 3 stops ( unless top quality ,like B+W or Sing Ray) because possibility of colour shift.Secondly ,for photography or video the bright sunny day is not good lighting condition, the light is to hard as well the shadows.
Now regarding the filter weight ;I don't believe 3g filter in aluminum frame for inspire could be reality (sorry if I am wrong).
I am trying to make filter/frame system out of carbon fibre,for my inspire ,and I my weight is more than 3gr.
More and more links are appearing ,offering filters for inspire/phantom ,but nobody shows technical info for the filters.
Please do a research and request more info before you buy . Don't get burned.

Ok Well not everybody films during sunrise and sunset bud. and I agree with johnmont, I too would blindly purchase srp because of my use with their gopro filters. If I get burned on the others than so be it wouldnt be the first time I've bought **** filters before but I know to stay away from polar pro.

Ok Well not everybody films during sunrise and sunset bud. and I agree with johnmont, I too would blindly purchase srp because of my use with their gopro filters. If I get burned on the others than so be it wouldnt be the first time I've bought **** filters before but I know to stay away from polar pro.

I understand your point .There are places where are sunny days most of the year ( lucky you) ,but the filming doesn't have to be done during sunrise or sunset , light overcast is perfect for the job well done. I usually photograph from fixed wing full-size aircraft ,and take photos during sunshine,for me is waste of time and money.

Oops. Sounds like PolarPro is awful. I wish I'd read this thread earlier... they just got these in at Multicopter Warehouse, so I drove down there and picked up a set. :rolleyes:

Oops. Sounds like PolarPro is awful. I wish I'd read this thread earlier... they just got these in at Multicopter Warehouse, so I drove down there and picked up a set. :rolleyes:
Return them quick before you open them or...... Use them as tiny shot glass coasters ! :)

i never liked the optics of their gopro line
Hi John!

You are correct, the GoPro line before recent did not have the greatest of optics. We took a lot of feedback and now use a much higher grade of optical glass on the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. If you did buy some GoPro filters I would be more than happy to get you set up with our new Inspire 1 filters as replacements.

Shoot me an email: [email protected]

3 stop still won't be enough for bright sunny days. they are also double the weight of the original filters. The ones offered by a member here are supposed to all be the exact 3g and made of aluminum with a 4 stop
You are absolutely correct the 3 stop will not knock shutter down to 1/60th on a Sunny day. We have a bunch of different options up to ND32 now which will get the shutter where it needs to be. The new weights also dropped a few grams down to 6. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok Well not everybody films during sunrise and sunset bud. and I agree with johnmont, I too would blindly purchase srp because of my use with their gopro filters. If I get burned on the others than so be it wouldn't be the first time I've bought **** filters before but I know to stay away from polar pro.
I would be more than happy to fire out a set of our Inspire 1 filters for you to scrutinize. We have made some big changes to the glass we are using. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

-Jeff

Return them quick before you open them or...... Use them as tiny shot glass coasters ! :)
I can see you are not the biggest fan of our old product line...How about letting us prove to you that we have made some huge improvements in our glass with the Inspire 1 line? Would love for you to play around with them and give us some feedback.

-Jeff

Hi John!

You are correct, the GoPro line before recent did not have the greatest of optics. We took a lot of feedback and now use a much higher grade of optical glass on the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. If you did buy some GoPro filters I would be more than happy to get you set up with our new Inspire 1 filters as replacements.

Shoot me an email: [email protected]

ok, thats cool. thanks, ill give em a try and hit you up.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool