Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any FLIR or thermal cameras available for the Inspire2?

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to find out if there were ever any FLIR cameras released or adaptors that can handle them for the Inspire 2. Primarily I’m curious if the Zenmuse XT will work and have seen conflicting reports. If that won’t do the job, any recommendations you guys have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi @FrankCastle, XT/XT2 are NOT compatible with the Inspire 2. Only way to get thermal onto an Inspire 2 would be to do a DIY mount and configuration with a standalone transmitter just for the thermal camera. No plug and play option using Skyport.
Thanks for the reply my friend! If I was going to do a drone setup with a FLIR camera option. Which drone would you recommend? I’m aware that the Matrice series and Inspire 1 are compatible with the XT/XT2 and am curious if there are any other DJI drone and FLIR combinations.

Thanks for the reply my friend! If I was going to do a drone setup with a FLIR camera option. Which drone would you recommend? I’m aware that the Matrice series and Inspire 1 are compatible with the XT/XT2 and am curious if there are any other DJI drone and FLIR combinations.
There are quite a few options out there these days. Most important question before deciding what combo will be the best fit is to ask what do you plan to use it for? Solar inspection, roof inspection, mapping, Search and Rescue??

There are quite a few options out there these days. Most important question before deciding what combo will be the best fit is to ask what do you plan to use it for? Solar inspection, roof inspection, mapping, Search and Rescue??
I’ll be using this for roof inspections as well as search and rescue primarily. Thanks in advance!

I’ll be using this for roof inspections as well as search and rescue primarily. Thanks in advance!
I would would look at the Autel with the new Flir Bosun 640x512 Radiometric payload. I fly the Matrice 200 Series with Flir XT2. New Setup for DJI Matrice would be around $16,000. Autel is probably a little more than half that. You want to make sure you can capture data set that can be tuned in Flir Tools. the best software suite on the market today and they have a free version. Must have for roof inspection work. You also want to be able to take Visible/thermal images at the same time. file formats for rJPEG, JPEG and TIFF. Saves lots of time. Flirt XT2 has some nice additional features for search and rescue, but you will pay for them.

I'd agree with @jkerrins , the new EVO 2 Enterprise Flir looks to be a great package. I think it offers more "total package" than the M2E Adv platform. The new EVO2 Enterprise model has carbon fiber arms, longer props, bigger motors than the EVO 2 Dual, making it a good candidate for more future payloads, currently 6K, 8K and 2 Thermal units.

I have the XT2 640 and the XT 640 converted to V2 for M210 mount. Both great cameras, but total package is much higher cost and a secondary benefit; the EVO / Mavic platforms are much smaller providing less stress around Roof & Trees.

There still may be benefit to the larger sensor XT / XT2 but overall, the new smaller platforms would be the route I'd take in a new investment.

Reactions: FrankCastle
Thanks so much for taking the time to send the detailed responses. They really helped out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk