Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI XT Powered by Flir is here!!!

I'm not sure where you get your information but it doesn't appear to be a very good source. I have been flying the XT 640 30Hz for a while now in Texas and never once has any kind of heating issue with the XT (or any anomaly at all for that matter). I have flown the XT 30 feet over a 1,200+ degree brush fire and it worked perfectly. In fact, the XT has performed better than anticipated in all of the testing.

View attachment 7580

you clearly have no understanding of what I said, I did not say the camera was overheating so please dont put words in that are just not there.....do you understand anything about radiometric readings ???? clearly not, and my source is from FLIR actually !

you clearly have no understanding of what I said, I did not say the camera was overheating so please dont put words in that are just not there.....do you understand anything about radiometric readings ???? clearly not, and my source is from FLIR actually !

No struggles here comprehending embedded radiometric imagery.

The XT works great for instantaneous information, but you are correct that there is no embedded radiometric data at this very moment. Since the problem is in the FLIR portion of the XT, shouldn't you be telling your "source" at FLIR to get to work rather than pointing the finger in the wrong direction? Or, perhaps you don't have any confidence that FLIR will come through with radiometric imagery?

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Garret, r u a firefighter?
Would you share some of your experiences and examples of using the XT in actual fires?

I am not a firefighter (disabled Vet), but I fly UAS in support of fire and police. I would be happy to share some of my experiences of using the XT.

Right now, I am heading out for the weekend. I will return here and share. In short, it's absolutely awesome. We are able to see the flow path in just a few seconds and good decisions can be made before making entry. There's much much more, but that's just a teaser.

No struggles here comprehending embedded radiometric imagery.

The XT works great for instantaneous information, but you are correct that there is no embedded radiometric data at this very moment. Since the problem is in the FLIR portion of the XT, shouldn't you be telling your "source" at FLIR to get to work rather than pointing the finger in the wrong direction? Or, perhaps you don't have any confidence that FLIR will come through with radiometric imagery?

erm problems not Flirs end !!, sorry Mr USA but you have the magic DJI spell so you wouldnt know anyway !

erm problems not Flirs end !!, sorry Mr USA but you have the magic DJI spell so you wouldnt know anyway !

I think you are responding to the wrong person...

As far as knowing, I've been flying the XT for a month now and there's one sitting right next to me at this very moment. Tell me again how long you have been flying the XT ???

Another pointless thread that should be terminated...
Definitely was not what I intended it to be!!! It's sad to see a positive subject get derailed. Please, let's talk about positive and good things and if there are issues to fix then we will address them upon the arrival and testing. I for one believe it will be great!! Happy flying all.

Reactions: kxkraze
Hey everybody, we just received a shipment of the DJI XT units!!! They are going very fast, if any of you have any questions please give me a call at 270-473-1409. I will be happy to help you.

Attachments

• DJI_0017.jpg
    DJI_0017.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DJI_0020.jpg
    DJI_0020.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DJI_0042.jpg
    DJI_0042.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DJI_0044.jpg
    DJI_0044.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 43
I'll have to pick one up soon. My raymarine (by flir) I bought for my yacht has half the resolution and half the features and cost over 10k. The exception being it's waterproof and has a heated window.. So you can switch between ir and standard camera if I've read this right?

Ralph - Flying High USA and PyroPhantom and anyone else.
Can you clarify the situation with Radiometric. It seems on the DJI website recently there is reference to a Zenmuse XT Advanced Radiometric Camera (twice the thermal precision of the standard zenmuse XT).
Zenmuse XT - unlock the possibilities of sight | DJI

Anyone pick up on this? Does this mean radiometric will not be coming the "standard XT" via a firmware update?

Hello sir, the new release they are speaking of is for advanced radiometry. There is a difference between basic and advanced. The advanced radiometric units are very specialized units and this has always been the plan to release these at some point. That being said the existing units we have been told will be able to do basic radiometry functions very soon. The detailed haven't been released yet on how they will do this for existing XT users but I was told it would be sooner than later. I will keep you posted as I learn more from DJI. Thank you sir.

Reactions: Raphael Dahan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379