Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any news on a firmware fix for compass/gps issue?

Reaction score
Yep, getting tired of the compass issue. I hate to say it, but I miss my Phantom 2 with the Lightbridge. The range seemed to be endless compared to the I1. I can't go more than a 1000 ft before my I1 starts freaking out. Yes, this is after the compass and IMU calibrations.
Patiently waiting.....

The Editor

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, getting tired of the compass issue. I hate to say it, but I miss my Phantom 2 with the Lightbridge. The range seemed to be endless compared to the I1. I can't go more than a 1000 ft before my I1 starts freaking out. Yes, this is after the compass and IMU calibrations.
Patiently waiting.....
Can you define "Freaking Out"?
I would suggest there is possibly something wrong with your Inspire. Of course you may be flying it in Downtown Mannhattan which would bring its own signal/multipath problems but I have regularly been out to over 6,500 with no problems whatsoever. I am very conscious of signal strength/quality at those sort of distances and aside from channel swaps I still have excellent video feed and full control signal.
1000ft/300m is NOT normal distance for an Inspire.

Reaction score
I need to edit my post..I usually get compass errors within the first few minutes of flight. From the screen shot below, I was getting "Compass Error, switch to ATTI mode" messages. I've been able to cover more ground with the P2 + LB. I've had the I1 for exactly one month now. IMG_7722.PNGIMG_7721.PNG

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHRIS100