Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any news on a firmware fix for compass/gps issue?

Yep, getting tired of the compass issue. I hate to say it, but I miss my Phantom 2 with the Lightbridge. The range seemed to be endless compared to the I1. I can't go more than a 1000 ft before my I1 starts freaking out. Yes, this is after the compass and IMU calibrations.
Patiently waiting.....

Yep, getting tired of the compass issue. I hate to say it, but I miss my Phantom 2 with the Lightbridge. The range seemed to be endless compared to the I1. I can't go more than a 1000 ft before my I1 starts freaking out. Yes, this is after the compass and IMU calibrations.
Patiently waiting.....
Can you define "Freaking Out"?
I would suggest there is possibly something wrong with your Inspire. Of course you may be flying it in Downtown Mannhattan which would bring its own signal/multipath problems but I have regularly been out to over 6,500 with no problems whatsoever. I am very conscious of signal strength/quality at those sort of distances and aside from channel swaps I still have excellent video feed and full control signal.
1000ft/300m is NOT normal distance for an Inspire.

I need to edit my post..I usually get compass errors within the first few minutes of flight. From the screen shot below, I was getting "Compass Error, switch to ATTI mode" messages. I've been able to cover more ground with the P2 + LB. I've had the I1 for exactly one month now. IMG_7722.PNGIMG_7721.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb