Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any plans to upgrade to Inspire 3

Reaction score
With all the new drones rolling into production recently, and the smaller crafts giving closer competition to the Inspire 2 series.
The new Mavic 3 Cine provides MFT and 1TB & ProRes as example... may meet their needs.
Even the new Air 2 S meets the needs of many.

Those needing interchangeable payloads and lenses still need a larger professional platform.
Many on the I2 could probably use M3Cine or M3 for a much lower cost point.
Many I2 Owners were serious hobbyist that enjoyed top technology, or professionals wanting interchangeable lenses.

With the M3Cine being over $5K, I'm pretty sure the I3 series "base" will be well above that price point.
Do those with Inspire 1 or Inspire 2 plan to upgrade to Inspire 3.

Personally, I have 2x I1's and X5Raw and 2x I2's with X5S and X7.
If the Inspire 3 supports the X5S and X7, that would help with considering an upgrade.
I don't have any strong negative feelings toward the X5S & X7, although I would like the Platform (I3) to use newer RC transmissions for stability & range: OcuSync3+.

Reactions: Joan63
With all the new drones rolling into production recently, and the smaller crafts giving closer competition to the Inspire 2 series.
The new Mavic 3 Cine provides MFT and 1TB & ProRes as example... may meet their needs.

Those needing interchangeable payloads and lenses still need a larger professional platform.
Many I2 Owners were serious hobbyist that enjoyed top technology, or professionals wanting interchangeable lenses.

With the M3Cine being over $5K, I'm pretty sure the I3 series "base" will be well above that price point.

If the Inspire 3 supports the X5S and X7, that would help with considering an upgrade.
I don't have any strong negative feelings toward the X5S & X7, although I would like the Platform (I3) to use newer RC transmissions for stability & range: OcuSync3+.
I’m thinking about it. Obviously have to wait and see what they come up with but for time the biggest drawback to the I2 is the video transmission range and reliability so that in and of itself is worthy of consideration.

This has been talked about a lot but I still don’t see the consumer series like the Mavic 3 to be competitors to the I2 for professionals even if the video quality was the same. The I2 is a PITA to get from one place to the other but once you get it there there’s no other aircraft in the DJI lineup that compares in usability. Hot swappable batteries is a big deal and just the amount of customization you get especially with the Cendence remote and ability to change flight control parameters on the fly is a whole different league to the consumer drones.

It may be true that those in the prosumer category will be enticed by the M3 Cine but for professional workflows there’s still a lot of room for an I3

I’m thinking about it. Obviously have to wait and see what they come up with but for time the biggest drawback to the I2 is the video transmission range and reliability so that in and of itself is worthy of consideration.

This has been talked about a lot but I still don’t see the consumer series like the Mavic 3 to be competitors to the I2 for professionals even if the video quality was the same. The I2 is a PITA to get from one place to the other but once you get it there there’s no other aircraft in the DJI lineup that compares in usability. Hot swappable batteries is a big deal and just the amount of customization you get especially with the Cendence remote and ability to change flight control parameters on the fly is a whole different league to the consumer drones.

It may be true that those in the prosumer category will be enticed by the M3 Cine but for professional workflows there’s still a lot of room for an I3
You've touched on several of the strong points for Inspire platform over the M3 platform.

I fully agree, the transmission & RC stability would be a major upgrade.

I'm anxious to see the Inspire 3 platform, if it's a worthy upgrade from I2 it should be a substantial upgrade.

You've touched on several of the strong points for Inspire platform over the M3 platform.

I fully agree, the transmission & RC stability would be a major upgrade.

I'm anxious to see the Inspire 3 platform, if it's a worthy upgrade from I2 it should be a substantial upgrade.
And a substantial amount of money you can pretty much guarantee. I bet $15k

And a substantial amount of money you can pretty much guarantee. I bet $15k
I'd agree... within the kit offerings... the bare I3 w 2 Batteries & 1 RC, my guess is $8-9k, add payload around $11-13k, and onward for different payloads, Batteries, RC's, etc and the avg Desired Kit around $14-16k.

My concern is controlling app... surely not even considered is the Fly App. The Pilot app would be limiting too, and the Go4App is probably no longer supported. New Cinematography focused app?

I'd agree... within the kit offerings... the bare I3 w 2 Batteries & 1 RC, my guess is $8-9k, add payload around $11-13k, and onward for different payloads, Batteries, RC's, etc and the avg Desired Kit around $14-16k.

My concern is controlling app... surely not even considered is the Fly App. The Pilot app would be limiting too, and the Go4App is probably no longer supported. New Cinematography focused app?
Well at least the Fly App is stable and that means a lot. Go4 app is lame and outdated and not getting any support so either Fly App or like you said a new more true PRO app would be great. Ideally tons of ways of dialing the flight characteristics of the drone with ease similar to the Fly App just better and more. I think I am selling my Inspire 2 soon it's perfect but the reality is I barely fly it. And the Mavic 3 can do essentially very similar with so much more ease. I love the I2 though it makes it feel like the first time I flew a drone every single time!

Reactions: Sharpshooter7
Any hint as to when it might be presented?
No more than what's being chattered...
Looks like a maybe for Fall / Winter
Well at least the Fly App is stable and that means a lot. Go4 app is lame and outdated and not getting any support so either Fly App or like you said a new more true PRO app would be great. Ideally tons of ways of dialing the flight characteristics of the drone with ease similar to the Fly App just better and more. I think I am selling my Inspire 2 soon it's perfect but the reality is I barely fly it. And the Mavic 3 can do essentially very similar with so much more ease. I love the I2 though it makes it feel like the first time I flew a drone every single time!
Got a chuckle from "love the I2 though it makes it feel like the first time I flew a drone every single time!". That's reason to keep it! Relive that excitement, that's be sweet if that applied to Wife too! (Kidding!!).

I'll lightly disagree on the Go4 app... it's still much more tunable and feature rich. The layout is more logical to me... although that may be simply years of usage and the ability to work with Crafts that stored & processed their mission code.

The FLY app started out so limited as did the associated crafts; it has improved but still not to the level of Go4App. But I'm also grumpy on the Pilot App, I feel it's limited too. Also liked Ground Station Pro2, it has features many grid mapping 3rd Party tools lack... but it's not supporting newer crafts.

Hopefully the Inspire 3 will have a much more professional app than the Fly App and the I3 will also have on-board mission processing. If I3 is like the M3 for processing, I'll loose a lot of interest for it.

I mainly used my I2's now for Litchi missions due to MFT & FF (S35) cameras, wide add-on lenses and able to repeat a flight path connected or not connected to RC.

I would be apprehensive of an all new control app. DJI’s weakness has always been in the control app software department and I lack confidence they will be able to start an all new app and work out the bugs in a timely manner.

There’s something to be said for an app that has been around for a long time and has had the major bugs worked out already. I’m not saying Go4 is perfect but it has worked well for my needs and I trust it.

Reactions: rbycapri
im sure camera quality will be better at night.
i hope for a serious broadcast mode now that can be intersting.
flight time just little more.
the only thing i am concerned about is the proper class label.

if the aircraft isnt class labeled (in europe at least) we need to fly in Specific (approvation flight everytime wont work for long term bussiness is killing it actually)
Open category (limited zone not best either for professional use).

the new unlock system feature that dji FLY app is cool not like GO4 app so i hope for a pro/advenced FLY App version.

the i2 class has still lots of room since the better platforms are too expensive like just another class, so even if its 20k it will be fine if enough quality delivered.

if not i will go for a custom body and different platform totally, like old school drones but bigger drones batteries is a pain to carry in airports i hate that.

sony drone is good but only optimized for stills who knows in future.

im sure camera quality will be better at night.
i hope for a serious broadcast mode now that can be intersting.
flight time just little more.
the only thing i am concerned about is the proper class label.

if the aircraft isnt class labeled (in europe at least) we need to fly in Specific (approvation flight everytime wont work for long term bussiness is killing it actually)
Open category (limited zone not best either for professional use).

the new unlock system feature that dji FLY app is cool not like GO4 app so i hope for a pro/advenced FLY App version.

the i2 class has still lots of room since the better platforms are too expensive like just another class, so even if its 20k it will be fine if enough quality delivered.

if not i will go for a custom body and different platform totally, like old school drones but bigger drones batteries is a pain to carry in airports i hate that.

sony drone is good but only optimized for stills who knows in future.
The Sony was something to examine, but since it's been out in reviews... I think interest has fallen. The few I've seen state with payload, it provides less than 10 minutes flight. That was by the guy doing the evaluation for Sony... meaning he had 1st hand knowledge.

Unless that changes, that's not worthwhile.

Reactions: rbycapri

I think that the I3 will be far beyond anything we’ve seen. I mean, we see the battery technology in the FPV, able to go 60 mph for ≈ 20 minutes, the acquisition of Hasselblad, better obstacle avoidance, better IMUs, better gimbals, Occusync 3, and Rocksteady digital stabilization. Possibly better cameras with larger sensors, maybe pre-activated RAW video. I plan to upgrade, because I think that the Inspire 3 will redefine cutting edge.

The Sony was something to examine, but since it's been out in reviews... I think interest has fallen. The few I've seen state with payload, it provides less than 10 minutes flight. That was by the guy doing the evaluation for Sony... meaning he had 1st hand knowledge.

Unless that changes, that's not worthwhile.

even 8 mins enough for stills
i remember my first custom build had 4-6 min flight time hahah.

maybe a Sony version 2.0 could be interesting.maybe.

lets see what i3 what delivers there is also another thing i've forgot, the codecs arent gonna be the same?
probably not as the i2.
look at the Ronin 4d wich is a turn down for the industry standard unless they partnership with red or something haha !

I think that the I3 will be far beyond anything we’ve seen. I mean, we see the battery technology in the FPV, able to go 60 mph for ≈ 20 minutes, the acquisition of Hasselblad, better obstacle avoidance, better IMUs, better gimbals, Occusync 3, and Rocksteady digital stabilization. Possibly better cameras with larger sensors, maybe pre-activated RAW video. I plan to upgrade, because I think that the Inspire 3 will redefine cutting edge.
Agree... it should be a technological leap from I2 and should be well above the M3Cine cinematography & photography capabilities to place it up on their professional standards when comparing what the Ronin 4D offers, new M30 & M300 payloads... should be awesome & pricey!

They scaled the speed & accel back on I2 multiple times in FW. I hope they restore top performance on the I3.

You also bring up a point... they might incorporate FPV too.

even 8 mins enough for stills
i remember my first custom build had 4-6 min flight time hahah.

maybe a Sony version 2.0 could be interesting.maybe.

lets see what i3 what delivers there is also another thing i've forgot, the codecs arent gonna be the same?
probably not as the i2.
look at the Ronin 4d wich is a turn down for the industry standard unless they partnership with red or something haha !
I have 2 M600Pro... RoninMX and GH4 or A7RIII... I get about 18-22 min with payload... if X5R or XT2, I can get apx 30 min.

A 20min is about right, leaves time to land the hefty platform. It's not one to fly out long distance, normally closer to RC. The Lightbridge isn't near as nice as modern OcuSync in both video or control.

A 6-8 min you need to be close to Subject and have a good vision of what you're wanting to create & capture.

The M600Pro & RoninMX is a older setup... the Sony should be able to exceed the M600Pro.

Agree... it should be a technological leap from I2 and should be well above the M3Cine cinematography & photography capabilities to place it up on their professional standards when comparing what the Ronin 4D offers, new M30 & M300 payloads... should be awesome & pricey!

They scaled the speed & accel back on I2 multiple times in FW. I hope they restore top performance on the I3.

You also bring up a point... they might incorporate FPV too.
Oh yeah, it’ll be pricey, no doubt about that

Con todos los nuevos drones entrando en producción recientemente, y las embarcaciones más pequeñas dando una competencia más cercana a la serie Inspire 2.
El nuevo Mavic 3 Cine proporciona MFT y 1 TB y ProRes como ejemplo... puede satisfacer sus necesidades.
Incluso el nuevo Air 2 S satisface las necesidades de muchos.

Aquellos que necesitan cargas útiles y lentes intercambiables aún necesitan una plataforma profesional más grande.
Muchos en el I2 probablemente podrían usar M3Cine o M3 por un punto de costo mucho más bajo.
Muchos propietarios de I2 eran aficionados serios que disfrutaban de la mejor tecnología o profesionales que querían lentes intercambiables.

Dado que el M3Cine cuesta más de $ 5K, estoy bastante seguro de que la "base" de la serie I3 estará muy por encima de ese precio.
¿Aquellos con Inspire 1 o Inspire 2 planean actualizarse a Inspire 3?

Personalmente, tengo 2x I1 y X5Raw y 2x I2 con X5S y X7.
Si el Inspire 3 es compatible con el X5S y el X7, eso ayudaría a considerar una actualización.
No tengo sentimientos negativos fuertes hacia el X5S y el X7, aunque me gustaría que el Platform (I3) usara transmisiones RC más nuevas para estabilidad y alcance: OcuSync3+.
Hola, estoy muy de acuerdo con usted yo tengo dos Inspire 2 con todo el equipo completo de DJI, OBJETIVOS, EMISORAS CENDENCE, MALETA CARGADORA DE BATERÍAS, AUTO FOCUS, CRYSTAL SKY grandes, Cámaras X5 S - 2 y pienso que tiene que ser muy bueno el Inspire 3 para comprarlo, porque ya el 2 hace y tiene lo que necesita según para que lo uses si es audiovisual, pienso que tiene todo es mi manera de pensar a mí me van superbién no tengo problemas, objetivos hay mucha variedad para la materia o profesión que lo utilices, y haber cuando sale el 3 y que novedades trae, nada un saludo desde España, Cataluña

Attachments

• 7a0e9c2b5fbea0a9648ca1c52ad8b8ca.jpg
    7a0e9c2b5fbea0a9648ca1c52ad8b8ca.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1799.JPEG
    IMG_1799.JPEG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2404.PNG
    IMG_2404.PNG
    9.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2409.PNG
    IMG_2409.PNG
    7 MB · Views: 3
Hola, estoy muy de acuerdo con usted yo tengo dos Inspire 2 con todo el equipo completo de DJI, OBJETIVOS, EMISORAS CENDENCE, MALETA CARGADORA DE BATERÍAS, AUTO FOCUS, CRYSTAL SKY grandes, Cámaras X5 S - 2 y pienso que tiene que ser muy bueno el Inspire 3 para comprarlo, porque ya el 2 hace y tiene lo que necesita según para que lo uses si es audiovisual, pienso que tiene todo es mi manera de pensar a mí me van superbién no tengo problemas, objetivos hay mucha variedad para la materia o profesión que lo utilices, y haber cuando sale el 3 y que novedades trae, nada un saludo desde España, Cataluña
Just to inform, I believe this is a English Forum.
Could you please post with translation.

Translated:

Hello, I very much agree with you. I have two Inspire 2 with all the complete DJI equipment, OBJECTIVES, CENDENCE TRANSMITTERS, BATTERY CHARGER SUITCASE, AUTO FOCUS, large CRYSTAL SKY, X5 S - 2 cameras and I think it has to be very well the Inspire 3 to buy it, because the 2 already does and has what it needs depending on what you use it for if it is audiovisual, I think it has everything it is my way of thinking they are great for me I have no problems, objectives there is a lot of variety for the subject or profession that you use, and when the 3rd comes out and what news it brings, nothing greetings from Spain, Catalonia

I need RAW in at least 4K 30FPS. Anything less than that is a NoGo. Need smooth manual focus and a focus wheel for focus pull etc. and also changeable lenses for Bokeh and shallow depth of field shots. I also like the S35 sensor as it is the same as many of the other cameras used in most productions. I also need a slew of simple but mandatory little things in the I2 like anamorphic guide bars, which are extremely frustrating when you don't have them. If the I3 has all that and is backward compatible with the X7, it would be worth a look. If not, I will continue to fly I2s until something comes along that has what I need.

As for "wish list" items, I wish the I2 had the path record function (I forget what they called it) in the 3DR Solo. That allowed you to fly a path, including all gimbal movements etc., and record the path. You could then "play" it back in either direction and speed or slow it as needed. If you do film and ever used it, you know why I loved it. It was MUCH easier than setting up "waypoints" (which are pretty unusable for that function in film) and MUCH easier to use, as well as much smoother in operation, and it worked with not just the craft, but also the gimbal and camera. It was perfect for filming multiple takes of the same shot. I haven't seen anything else like it since. The problem was Solo used GoPro which didn't produce adequate video. I have been waiting for DJI to adopt it since. Would love it if that made it into the I3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop