Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any plans to upgrade to Inspire 3

I need RAW in at least 4K 30FPS. Anything less than that is a NoGo. Need smooth manual focus and a focus wheel for focus pull etc. and also changeable lenses for Bokeh and shallow depth of field shots. I also like the S35 sensor as it is the same as many of the other cameras used in most productions. I also need a slew of simple but mandatory little things in the I2 like anamorphic guide bars, which are extremely frustrating when you don't have them. If the I3 has all that and is backward compatible with the X7, it would be worth a look. If not, I will continue to fly I2s until something comes along that has what I need.

As for "wish list" items, I wish the I2 had the path record function (I forget what they called it) in the 3DR Solo. That allowed you to fly a path, including all gimbal movements etc., and record the path. You could then "play" it back in either direction and speed or slow it as needed. If you do film and ever used it, you know why I loved it. It was MUCH easier than setting up "waypoints" (which are pretty unusable for that function in film) and MUCH easier to use, as well as much smoother in operation, and it worked with not just the craft, but also the gimbal and camera. It was perfect for filming multiple takes of the same shot. I haven't seen anything else like it since. The problem was Solo used GoPro which didn't produce adequate video. I have been waiting for DJI to adopt it since. Would love it if that made it into the I3
Yep, retaining the X7 S35 would be a major... I'd like to seen both the X5S & X7 retained, but the X7 would help motivate a stronger interest in the I3.

On your "Record Flight" and replay... including all gimbal & camera action.
The new software by Skydio for the S2, performs flight recording... but the S2's camera isn't comparable to the X7 by any means.

I'm not positive, but I thought Ground Station Pro V2 (DJI GSPv2) could record... GSP has 3-4 purchase options (additional modules) after you install App. I think I recall 1 of these modules having ability to record flight.

Moving to another option, that I'm 99% confident does all this... Drone Harmony (DH).
The older version did, I'm not positive on newest version but pretty sure it still does.
Might be worth a shot to examine.

** Note: Drone Harmony was a Android App only, now offered in iOS although I'm not sure if iOS version is as feature rich as Android version.

This is an older YouTube with old version DH, they've greatly improved DH multiple times since 2017 version.

One feature I liked... you can select how much you want DH to "smooth" your flight. Example in (YouTube is the tree branches in beginning).

I use the Cendence controller(s) and Crystal Sky ultra-bright monitors with patch antennae. The Cendence is the only unit that has the capability I need, and the monitor the lumens I need to work everywhere/anywhere. Even then I have a folding sun-shade. Will any of the software solutions work in the aforementioned setup?

I use the Cendence controller(s) and Crystal Sky ultra-bright monitors with patch antennae. The Cendence is the only unit that has the capability I need, and the monitor the lumens I need to work everywhere/anywhere. Even then I have a folding sun-shade. Will any of the software solutions work in the aforementioned setup?
Hmmm? If I understand correctly, you're asking if DH will install on the CS tablet? The CS is a older Android (DJI Limited) device, with aging slow processor. I'm not sure if newest version of DH would install or if installed, would perform nicely.

As a substitute to CS... and a better solution. Check out the Tripltek 8 Pro... it's a new Android w nice processor and 1200 Nit screen (brighter than CS). You can get a mount for the Cendence.

This tablet will run all DJI Apps and 3rd party Apps without any issues.

added to above post...

Cendence Mount -

Looks like they will be releasing next week ???? Unless this is another product. Hope the base model does not push me out of market. I had very good service with the I1 and I2.

New DJI Product: Join the launch broadcast​

A new DJI Enterprise product is launching at 2pm on Tuesday - and we'll be hosting a special video broadcast for the official unveiling.
Join us to find out more about this new product, including its key specs and how it will help enterprise drone operations.

im sure camera quality will be better at night.
i hope for a serious broadcast mode now that can be intersting.
flight time just little more.
the only thing i am concerned about is the proper class label.

if the aircraft isnt class labeled (in europe at least) we need to fly in Specific (approvation flight everytime wont work for long term bussiness is killing it actually)
Open category (limited zone not best either for professional use).

the new unlock system feature that dji FLY app is cool not like GO4 app so i hope for a pro/advenced FLY App version.

the i2 class has still lots of room since the better platforms are too expensive like just another class, so even if its 20k it will be fine if enough quality delivered.

if not i will go for a custom body and different platform totally, like old school drones but bigger drones batteries is a pain to carry in airports i hate that.

sony drone is good but only optimized for stills who knows in future.
I'm sure the new inspire will come with C2 and Less than 4Kg, similar to the M30. (or at least a reverted mode to get it like happened with Mavic 3).
It will also come with the Z9 options with compability with Lenses from Z7.

I hope it doesn't come with DJI FLY, honestly, I don't want to waste 10K in a drone that has that kind of app...

Reactions: Starz

Pretty informative Web section on the Inspire 3
As @mgphoto stated... the 3 DL lenses: 24, 35 & 50 from I2 X7 carry over.
Added a 18mm and yet to be announced Zoom lens too.

Little Comparison Page is helpful: I3, I2, M3 Cine

added note on lenses... per the DJI Lens guide PDF.
The new 18mm DL Lens is NOT backward compatible with the I2 X7.
The 16mm DL-S Lens from I2 is compatible with the I3 X9 and X9 8K payloads.

For RAW, the RAW license for CineDNG and Apple ProRes

Price: $980

Extra SSD Pro Card 1TB size
Price: $800

added note on lenses... per the DJI Lens guide PDF.
The new 18mm DL Lens is NOT backward compatible with the I2 X7.
The 16mm DL-S Lens from I2 is compatible with the I3 X9 and X9 8K payloads.
FYI 16mm is not full frame and not supported on the X9 Air.

FYI 16mm is not full frame and not supported on the X9 Air.
it is per the Inspire3 Lens Guide on DJI I3 site...
and yes, it would be cropped like on the X7.

My posts with links aren't showing yet pending approval from Mod.

1681420819268.png

Last edited:
Looks like the basic kit will run about $16.5K USD and when you add spare batteries, lenses, secondary controls etc you're probably looking at closer to $24K for a decent setup.

A couple things jump out at me: first, 8K@75 and 4K@120 ... let that sink in. Second, flight time upwards of 28 minutes with a top speed of 64kph. 45MP stills. 14 stops DR.

One of the things that might just make cinematographers soil themselves is a base station that reduces positioning error to the centimeter range -- this would make cine shots where the shot is laid out, tested, then able to be run repeatedly with cm accuracy. This feature alone could be a game changer for cinematographers.

Plus the upgrade to full sensorization of collision avoidance -- this level of avoidance was not really available in previous Inspire drones. Not that this is a huge thing for pros, but if it saves you once as you're learning it would certainly pay for itself.

Brian

From the DJI website

Camera
What lenses are compatible with Zenmuse X9-8K Air?

DL 18 mm F2.8 ASPH Lens
DL 24 mm F2.8 LS ASPH Lens
DL 35 mm F2.8 LS ASPH Lens
DL 50 mm F2.8 LS ASPH Lens
Well it’ll be interesting to see what’s what… as it becomes available; the paragraph I pasted in above (post 36) is directly from Inspire 3 section in DJI lens document (download reference section). It clearly includes the X9 and X9 8K Air in spec for reference if DL/S.

Although, The I3 Web page specs list FF lenses only. So currently one reference indicates DL & DLS compatible and other spec only DL.

Based on use of other FF cameras (Sony, Canon, Nikon), that can all use crop factor lenses. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the X9 and X9 Air can use a DL/S crop lens.

Well it’ll be interesting to see what’s what… as it becomes available; the paragraph I pasted in above (post 36) is directly from Inspire 3 section in DJI lens document (download reference section). It clearly includes the X9 and X9 8K Air in spec for reference if DL/S.

Although, The I3 Web page specs list FF lenses only. So currently one reference indicates DL & DLS compatible and other spec only DL.

Based on use of other FF cameras (Sony, Canon, Nikon), that can all use crop factor lenses. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the X9 and X9 Air can use a DL/S crop lens.
The 16mm can not cover the full size sensor, there can’t be a crop factor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop