Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone approaching/reached 50hrs flight time on their Inspire yet?

Reaction score
If so, do tell.... does a big yellow spanner appear right across the app screen and a message saying "Unable to take off - Please take your Inspire to your nearest dealer for its 50 hour service"? (Or something similar? :p

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Cosidering the shortage of batteries this could take months tot reach this :(

Someone's gonna get there first..... At the moment we are in uncharted territory so nobody knows whether DJI have programmed in a 'surprise' for everybody!

This is the only reference to a "50 hour" inspection, published in the DJI Inspire 1 Safety Guidelines publication of 12-31-2014:

1. "After every 50 hours of flight time, DJI recommends you perform a thorough inspection of your Inspire 1

and all of its parts and components to ensure the safe operation of your aircraft."

What that means to me is that I should thoroughly inspect the craft for loose bolts, positive battery connections, motors spinning freely with no loose play, props attaching correctly (here's hoping the new T800 props will be out soon to resolve the prop locks situation), no looseness in the T-connection of the motor arms, etc, etc.

How did this urban legend about grounding the craft at 50 hours get started? My theory is that the original language in the above manual was worded differently to imply that an inspection by DJI was required after 50 hours. Since the wording has been changed to the above, I think we can safely assume that an owner inspection that is only "recommended" is the current standard. Only black helicopter conspiracy theorists would infer that their craft will be grounded after 50 hours by the dictatorial arm of the DJI One-World Government. :rolleyes::p

That's amazing Genaro nice work
Q. For you what is your usual distance you can go I am having a hard time going further than 2000 ft
I fly a mile out fairly often, I have been out 7500 feet. Thats how far the cargo boat was. It was down wind I flew at 75mph there and 29mph back in atti. A little nervracking but I kept 65% battery for the return home and landed with 35%.

Reactions: sdjackaerial
I have 12 hours.... here is what 12 hours of flight can make.

First month with the Inspire 1:
Nice work! Just realizing I've had mine for almost a month too, you kicked my ***! Wish I lived in another part of the country. I'm in Chicago, the wind and snow have been slowing me down a bit.

1. What that means to me is that I should thoroughly inspect the craft for loose bolts, positive battery connections, motors spinning freely with no loose play, props attaching correctly (here's hoping the new T800 props will be out soon to resolve the prop locks situation), no looseness in the T-connection of the motor arms, etc, etc.

You should do this for EVERY flight - not at 50 hours !!:eek: - The CAA would ground me if I didn't !!

You should do this for EVERY flight - not at 50 hours !!:eek: - The CAA would ground me if I didn't !!
Totaly agreed Editor.
I Always check these things and yesterday there was a bolt from one of the arms(the big black one) I had to tighten since it came loose.It only take a minute and you're ok.But my guess is that most of us are doing this allready

DJI will be publishing a 50 hour maintenance guide. If you are comfortable in doing the work you will be able to do so. If not you will have to send it in. My guess is that most will do it themselves.

DJI will be publishing a 50 hour maintenance guide. If you are comfortable in doing the work you will be able to do so. If not you will have to send it in. My guess is that most will do it themselves.

Cool! we are indebted to you for that. Especially if it prevents us having to ship (two ways) and be without for who knows how long. Much obliged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo