Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

anyone convert their inspire over to another control system like pixhawk?

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has converted their inspire over to a pixhawk controller instead of the dji. Just wondering if there would be any advantage to it and if it would even work out with the camera controller and hand held controller. There is an inspire on ebay now that wont power up the motors and was thinking if it went cheap enough and the dji controller was bad if it couldnt be converted over to a pixhawk.
thanks
jeff

I don’t have a dji product right now, I’m flying a 3dr x8 but am looking at purchasing an inspire. Just very familiar with the pixhawk available ground station. The inspire on eBay sounds like the controller might be out of if is the only reason I asked.
Jeff

I don’t have a dji product right now, I’m flying a 3dr x8 but am looking at purchasing an inspire. Just very familiar with the pixhawk available ground station. The inspire on eBay sounds like the controller might be out of if is the only reason I asked.
Jeff
DJI systems are way too engineered to swap components. The reverse engineering project would be very difficult and designing/building interface electronics would be too costly and complex. No one I know of even knows the pin-out of the camera connector.

I am going to be flying a converted s1000 this summer for a contractor that will be running data collection flights for afrl ( air force research lab) . The platform is the dji s1000 that has been stripped of the dji controls and has a pixhawk controller installed. Called a pinini. I’m assuming they want to use the pixhawk for it being an open source controller.
Jeff

The only thing I could think of is stripping inspires guts + gimbal connector and mount them on another frame that have independant radio control and power.
You still should be able to use the djigo app to check for gps position on the map as well for recording and setting up the camera. You will have to use the dji battery to power the guts, the good part is it will last a lor more time as it will not power any motors. :)
The biggest disadvantage is that the host frame should be bigger and heavier that will not be as efficient as making a custom drone and gimbal. But I'll not be surprised if someday my own become frankensteined over s1000 frame or something similar :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters