Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone do long range testing with FPVLR antennas yet ??

Sounds like something isn't working with the amps. Did u make sure the amp battery is fully charged. The power switch on the battery must be on when charging.

I would verify that. Then maybe send to Tony to make sure Amps are working. As it seems like u are not getting any signal when connected through the amps.

I have been emailing Tony trying to sort it out. Just figured I'd tap into the collective brain power. I know everything is plugged in just fine, cause I did a flight this afternoon using the Antennas that came in the Amplifier boxes plugged directly into the remote without any amps. I flew in a different area this time to avoid possible interference I may have been experienceing. I was able to get roughly 4,000ft before it started breaking up. Standing in the exact same spot, I connected the Amps and FPVLR antenna and was only able to get 700' before break up and 1,239ft before it was so bad I had to turn back.
If I connected something wrong, I shouldn't be able to get 4,000 feet using anything.

I attached a screen capture of my image transmission settings with amp and antenna plugged in and the inspire about 10 feet from me. you can see that all the channels are very unstable. When the other antennas are plugged in directly, all the channels are stable.

Please don't post PNG files, they're too darn big. JPGs are just fine and considerably smaller.

The signal levels in my house are 13 - 20 with an occasional spikes to 90. The spikes are rather evenly distributed between all the channels, although 15 and 20 seem to be generally better than the others.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop