Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone do long range testing with FPVLR antennas yet ??

I actually stand on the roof of my house and fly off from the top of a mountain so relative altitude increases just because of the topography but I start at 400 from my starting point. By the time I am 3km out it is a little more.

My previous best flight, with stocks, was 8000+ feet but I had not reached my max, I just got scared. I will have to go back to that location and do a direct comparison.

In one location, I used to get to 4000 feet and always loose signal. Tried with the new antennas and lost signal in the exact same spot so I assume there is just some type of radio noise I can not avoid there. Location sure makes a difference.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
We can take a look at installs done by other people, and replace any bad or kinked cables inside for a 50$ diagnostic fee, all shipping is at the customers' expenses. One thing also I want to ask is look into your general seettings of the pilotlot app, what is our setting for " hardware decode" ? It should be set to ON.

I have seen some cases of people not being able to go very far after a firmware upgrade, but that is with stock antennas.

There are also reported cases of bad lightbridge on the INspire itself.

I actually stand on the roof of my house and fly off from the top of a mountain so relative altitude increases just because of the topography but I start at 400 from my starting point. By the time I am 3km out it is a little more.

Make sure you are aiming at it. This 7km was done unboosted. I have also multiple customers who went 5km but with perfect HD signal and rc signal they just stopped going because they feared battery life

Attachments

• 7km.jpg
    7km.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 5kmPerfect.jpg
    5kmPerfect.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 43
I am running at 400 feet. The most I have been able to go is 13K with decent control signal but barely 1 bar for HD. I am aiming and pointing directly at the i1 and fly a very straight line out from where I take off. I can send you screen shots of my HD signal and flight paths. Do you want me to do that on here or I can email you directly?

Very strange guys, so far the ones we installed ourselves are doing much more than that and signal is not being lost at all. What is the flying altitude? Area you guys also aiming at the Inspire?
these are directional wit 76 degrees beamwidth.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I always have hardware decoding turned on with my ipad mini 3 or Air 2. I can do some more testing and about to pair it with the P3 to eliminate it being a Light bridge issue. Here is a screen shot of my signal with the i1 that I just took a bit ago at about 7K feet.

IMG_0015.PNG
IMG_0014.PNG

We can take a look at installs done by other people, and replace any bad or kinked cables inside for a 50$ diagnostic fee, all shipping is at the customers' expenses. One thing also I want to ask is look into your general seettings of the pilotlot app, what is our setting for " hardware decode" ? It should be set to ON.

I have seen some cases of people not being able to go very far after a firmware upgrade, but that is with stock antennas.

There are also reported cases of bad lightbridge on the INspire itself.

I am running at 400 feet. The most I have been able to go is 13K with decent control signal but barely 1 bar for HD. I am aiming and pointing directly at the i1 and fly a very straight line out from where I take off. I can send you screen shots of my HD signal and flight paths. Do you want me to do that on here or I can email you directly?
Please share on here so everyone can learn ..
turb..

Reactions: sirnikolas
Just got my kit, either going to send it out to get installed or do it myself. Another question is what case do you guys use to fit the remote with the stage 2 upgrades?
Hey vik..
here's a picture of NEJO Wisconsin's stage 2 controller case..
it's a great option if you like the ides of a separate case. .Screenshot_2015-05-22-11-08-30.png

Reactions: sirnikolas
Hey guys I found it on amazon if you order make sure you get the foam pick n pluck insert they also have a website I am sure. The one thing I need to do is the plastic dip spray to the foam has anyone done this I think it is plastic dip have not had time yo research it yet. Also it's a snug fit but it does no move 1 bit perfect I wld say

Installed mine will test shortly. 1 of the boosters the blue light is on but it does quick flashes. The other booster the blue light is on steady. What does this mean?

That is what mine is doing as well. The top amp flashes (but not all the time) and the bottom is steadily blue. Have you done any range testing yet on them?

Installed mine will test shortly. 1 of the boosters the blue light is on but it does quick flashes. The other booster the blue light is on steady. What does this mean?

That is what mine is doing as well. The top amp flashes (but not all the time) and the bottom is steadily blue. Have you done any range testing yet on them?

Yes mine is the same, 1 light is steady the other flashes quickly.

Just went out about 3000ft for now completely open space off a mountain top. It was pretty windy and I just didn't feel it for now. Also, initially had a few moments where my feed cutoff to black for 1-3 seconds but then it got better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu