Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried these folding props?

I have checked the balance and find no issues I can see on each prop someone has already made minor adjustments as the surface in small areas are rough from some minor removal.

I plan to test for performance on Saturday as the weather here in UK is very blustery and would produce bad results.

Have a GP back arriving in next few days so will see what needs to be done to accommodate these props. The DJI cast was adjusted to fit in less than 10 minutes

Can you kindly post some images of the modified DJI case? Thanks.

Son of a gun I just bought some T motor props and using Lhyns adapters. How much are these retailing for State side?

Probably not cheap enough for me to buy them but look beautiful.

Also for anyone needing to remove the screws on the motor for the prop adapter mount, use a heat gun on the screws to heat up the thread lock! I didn't, stripped a screw and drilled it out. Resulting in taking apart my motor (Extremely difficult) to clean it out. and Now it still is not completely back to normal. There is a tad bit more play than before.

Reactions: Phatzo

Attachments

• pros  357.jpg
    pros 357.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 117
  • pros  358.jpg
    pros 358.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 114
  • pros  359.jpg
    pros 359.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 112
  • pros  360.jpg
    pros 360.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 113
  • pros  361.jpg
    pros 361.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 121
  • pros  362.jpg
    pros 362.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 118
09e6662750fcee54e5fb006e2a633edf.jpg

The last screw of course and the 9mm snaps off leaving a piece inside. Any ideas how to get the piece out or does it look like I will need to disassemble the motor? Thanks in advance.

The last screw of course and the 9mm snaps off leaving a piece inside. Any ideas how to get the piece out or does it look like I will need to disassemble the motor? Thanks in advance.
I wish you luck with that ! This happened to my I2 and I'm still waiting for it to be repaired in the UK as DJI still has no spare motors available !!

You could either screw it out from inside out ( disassemble) if there is at least 2-3 mm thread visible. I don't know if there is any thread visible inside. Alternative method is to drill tiny hole right in the middle of screw and screw it out with tiny counter thread out puller. This is very precision work and requires highly skilled person and special tools for it. Either way, very difficult task but not impossible.

Thread lock in general melts with heat but motor does not like to be heated. Be very careful with it.

Third and perhaps easiest method is to Dremel plastic part in to pieces very carefully. Then you should be able to grip screw with pliers and melt thread lock by applying heat directly to the screw.

Reactions: Viper Pilot
I saw some "used" 3512 motors on EBay. I'm not pressed to put in my folding carbon fiber props but it would have been nice. Patience is a virtue they say. Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will just buy a motor when I can.

Using a soldering iron on the top of the screw might be enough to heat the thread lock when you get somewhere to grip it ?

just thinking out loud. mine are ordered and on the way. I now need to think how to modify the landing mode case insert neatly...

mine is a MC landing mode case so deeper and made of foam inserts but I will post some pics when I get it done

Do you need to order any other adapters/hardware that is not provided with the heliengadin props to install these or do they just mount straight to the motor? I currently am using LP adapters and t-motor props.

Nope. They attach directly to the motor. Make sure you use a GOOD 9mm torx driver or you can snap it off in the screw head like I did. My nice and new props are back in the box hey came in. Gonna order a new CCW motor when when they become available.

Nope. They attach directly to the motor. Make sure you use a GOOD 9mm torx driver or you can snap it off in the screw head like I did. My nice and new props are back in the box hey came in. Gonna order a new CCW motor when when they become available.

Saw your picture above, ouch! Ya I remember those screws being a total PITA but luckily I was able to back mine out. Do you end up having to use those same screws again or do the new props come with a set of new mounting screws?

New screws with a Alan key included. Much smarter.

Now worries. I live my life by the rule of problem verse inconnvience. The broken Torx is an inconnvience. A loved one with say cancel is a problem. I can still fly with the original DJI props so all is good.

New screws with a Alan key included. Much smarter.

Now worries. I live my life by the rule of problem verse inconnvience. The broken Torx is an inconnvience. A loved one with say cancel is a problem. I can still fly with the original DJI props so all is good.

Oh thank god! Those stock screws are complete Chinese trash. I had to use a combination of #8 & #9 torx wrenches to get them out. No standardization at all! Good to see your still flying though! Any idea on a time frame to when your getting the new motor in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phatzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmunussolutions