Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anywhere to buy TB47 or TB48 still?

Whoops! Missed this reply here...
I'd think that if anyone here wanted to place an order that they'd have to go through me. I can't imagine that an order placed through DJI Korea would ship to NA.

Whoops! Missed this reply here...
I'd think that if anyone here wanted to place an order that they'd have to go through me. I can't imagine that an order placed through DJI Korea would ship to NA.
I lost track, and where are you located? Then you'd ship to Individuals within USA?
Great you're offering a solution!

I'm in South Korea myself.
Yeah, I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it work. I guess the buyer would just pay for the shipping and I'd pop them in the mail. I've never tried to ship batteries overseas before...
I could also ask if there's a way to get them shipped directly to NA.

I'm in South Korea myself.
Yeah, I'm sure we could figure out a way to make it work. I guess the buyer would just pay for the shipping and I'd pop them in the mail. I've never tried to ship batteries overseas before...
I could also ask if there's a way to get them shipped directly to NA.
That would work… I’m naive to shipping international, is there any restrictions for Individual to send LiPo Batteries out of South Korea. In States, it’s required to identify the package as LiPo batteries. Wasn’t sure how that played at US Customs.

I've had those same thoughts, Doug.
I've got to pop into the post office later today. I'll bring a TB48 and see what they say.

Well I checked, and it ain't looking good. They said the only way you can bring batteries back and forth is to actually carry them. If they're sent in a parcel, then they'd get x-rayed and discovered either on this end or on that end.

so a little update, I purchased a replacement cell from HSABAT and tried to replace my stock TB47, upon powering on the led showing low batt (1 flashing green) but it does power on the aircraft. the app shows all 6 cells @ 4.00V, pack at 24V with 0% battery remaining and 0mha remaining. Now the issue is it will not charge. When I connect the charger, no LED comes on and no sign of charging at all.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

UPDATE: I drained the battery by leaving the AC powered on to about 3.3V per cell (took forever because it won't let me start the motors at 0%) and hooked the charger back on the battery and it was able to charge back up with no issue.

still haven't tried to fly the thing tho, I'm going to drain the battery a few more times to get the battery calibrated further.

View attachment 31937

been flying with one of those for some time now with no issues. I bought the 6A block and calibrated it twice so far, it turned out to settle at 5.3A capacity, 400ma less than what I wanted it at, but still better than a tb47.

when you get these things installed in the battery case, charge it full before doing anything else, they come near flat.

i flew about An inch off the grass near the end of the battery to calibrate until it dropped and the props stopped - kinda wondering if I went too far 🤣

TB48s have no buy limit and are 199 USD each. They are ordered from China to Korea by DJI Korea.
When I ordered mine last year I feel like I had them within a week, maybe 10 days, so it was a pretty quick order.
Please provide a source as I would like to order.

Please provide a source as I would like to order.
That looks to be a closed option based on post #26... limited ability to ship LiPo into USA customs. Buyer source was via @BigSteel himself.

If needing, might explore post #2 above... these are fresh and include internal heaters, a feature not originally available.

Reactions: BigSteel
Thanks for following up on this dougcjohn.
Yeah I got a generic response from DJI Korea when asking about being able to order and then ship directly to other countries - ‘DJI Korea services only Korea. Those in the US or Canada should ask their DJI provider directly.’
…which is frustrating, as I specifically mentioned DJI Korea having access to new TB48s and DJI in the States saying emphatically that they’re no longer being produced. It would be nice if they’d at least acknowledge that they exist somewhere!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle