Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App dropouts in IOS and Android

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the current version of the android app has the same video dropout problems as the IOS app? And if so, is it possible to roll back the Android version to a more stable version ?

can anyone tell me if the current version of the android app has the same video dropout problems as the IOS app? And if so, is it possible to roll back the Android version to a more stable version ?
Mine does, just installed app from January, shows 42 channels with 1 to 32 active, mostly green good channels, haven't flown yet.

so can you just roll back android? does the android app work well?

You just uninstall the app and reinstall a different version. It's as simple as that.
Works really well on Nvidia Sheild.
I personally use the air 2 but I'm an android man. I only bought the air 2 because it was the most recommended tablet by dji tech support and it's their most supported. So they say...

well the mini 3 hasnt been too succesfull so far, although having thought more about my problem, the dropout was complete, including loss of RC, so that would suggest that the tablet wasnt the cause but rather a symptom

The latest ios pilot app is missing a lot of channels. Every time it's updated, we seem to lose more than we gain.
Go figure.
I'm seriously thinking of getting the Nvidia Sheild and installing 1.0.7

I wouldnt mind that much, if it wasnt for the fact that it had a complete dropout....... it at least needs to work reliably.

I doubt it has anything to do with the app version as it works for so many others...
I've read of occasional dropouts with all versions on all platforms since I've been following Inspire stuff. Usually rather due to interference, crud/other running programs on the mobile devices, or prolems with the Inspire or controller.

The channels that have been "removed" should never have been there in the first place as it's illegal to use them pretty much everywhere in the world.

Interference would seem to be logical, as I was in a building when it happened, and when I went outside it reconnected.

I have also wondered if the lag and pixelation on the lightbridge may be due to overheating as it seems to get worse with time

The channels that have been "removed" should never have been there in the first place as it's illegal to use them pretty much everywhere in the world.

not getting into legalities, but............. who cares? Im up for the manufacturer letting the pilot decide what to do. Also, most channels that are illegal to use are that way because they are reserved for special uses, special uses which if they were being used in the area would show up on the scanner and cause me to not use that channel.

Personally I would (except in the case of live streaming) much rather have a lower res 900mhz video stream that is more resilient to interference.

not getting into legalities, but............. who cares? Im up for the manufacturer letting the pilot decide what to do.
Well you're with the wrong manufaturer then... seeing how DJI are insisting with keeping absolute control of what you should do or not (no fly zones, height limits etc) don't count on them to leave you that freedom :rolleyes:

900MHz would be even worse as that's used for mobile phones in most of the world, so you'd not only also get interference, but would also risk much more if you transmitted in there and disrupted communications for others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa