Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App shows "disconnected", won't link with Inspire now

Reaction score
Hey inspire folks,

I've flown several times with no issues.

Today I did a flight and when I swapped batteries the app lost connection with the inspire- the app showed "disconnected" and although I reset controller and inspire and tablet a couple times it never found the inspire again.

I tried a different usb cable but it didn't help. I'm wondering if there is an issue with my controller USB port, or if there's a software/ app setting I need to change.

I'm writing here to see if anyone had had this kind of issue/ has advice. I'm a little worried because not being able to connect was totally unexpected and would be really bad if it was on an important project and we couldn't fly.

Hey inspire folks,

Today I did a flight and when I swapped batteries the app lost connection with the inspire- the app showed "disconnected" and although I reset controller and inspire and tablet a couple times it never found the inspire again.

I tried a different usb cable but it didn't help. I'm wondering if there is an issue with my controller USB port, or if there's a software/ app setting I need to change.

I'm writing here to see if anyone had had this kind of issue/ has advice. I'm a little worried because not being able to connect was totally unexpected and would be really bad if it was on an important project and we couldn't fly.
I've never lost connection, but do experience drifting, rapid height change, etc, when changing from tb47 to tb48. Somethings going on.

Enjoy life and be nice

I had my iPad show disconnect when I changed batteries, but it always came back online. I turn off Inspire, turn off controller (to conserve battery while changing batteries on Inspire and take a little break), then turn on controller, turn on Inspire. You can also try the re-link button on Inspire and menu option to re-link Inspire and controller.

Hey inspire folks,

I've had the same thing happen today, haven't had any issues beforehand. In a hover @20' & showed disconnected. Still had control so I landing. Firmware 2.0.17 Pilot App 1.0.2

Wormwood

Same thing. Flew over 20 flights using all 4 batteries AFTER I did the latest upgrade FEB 2015. I just flew it and one hour later it's giving me this error on all 4 batteries? Can't see camera. Can only pan and tilt camera and start motor. It would be flying blind and dangerous.

DJI Support keeps telling me I need to upgrade the battery by running the complete upgrade one time for each battery?? You kidding me, it took over 45 min. to do the upgrade so that means I have to do it 4 times = 3 hours, ARGH! What's up with DJI and their support...Most of their techs on the chatroom support do not understand English too well. Frustrating to drop $4K and deal with this...

UPDATE-UPDATE DJI TECH just confirmed it's a NEW BUG. Don't upgrade...

Last edited:
Same thing. Flew over 20 flights using all 4 batteries AFTER I did the latest upgrade FEB 2015. I just flew it and one hour later it's giving me this error on all 4 batteries? Can't see camera. Can only pan and tilt camera and start motor. It would be flying blind and dangerous.

DJI Support keeps telling me I need to upgrade the battery by running the complete upgrade one time for each battery?? You kidding me, it took over 45 min. to do the upgrade so that means I have to do it 4 times = 3 hours, ARGH! What's up with DJI and their support...Most of their techs on the chatroom support do not understand English too well. Frustrating to drop $4K and deal with this...

UPDATE-UPDATE DJI TECH just confirmed it's a NEW BUG. Don't upgrade...
When you say NEW BUG don't upgrade are you referring to the the new firm ware? I have tried all suggestions and manual but the aircraft won't upgrade. The RC did upgrade but now there is no communication between either.

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. Just got the unit back from repair from a previous bug. Needless to say I am very upset.

Updated the unit- just fine.
Tried the controller- solid red light and disconnected from the unit.
Tried re linking the unit according to instructions: no response.

Contacted customer service via email, got a message saying that it has gone to China due to the weekend hours however I should contact North America office via phone on Monday.

I've never lost connection, but do experience drifting, rapid height change, etc, when changing from tb47 to tb48. Somethings going on.

Enjoy life and be nice
This is a new issue. Can you get this on video? I'm about to try new batteries as well.

When you say NEW BUG don't upgrade are you referring to the the new firm ware? I have tried all suggestions and manual but the aircraft won't upgrade. The RC did upgrade but now there is no communication between either.
Can you please explain more about what DJI said about updating each battery?

Thank you.

Reactions: Tj_
I flew mine several times after the last upgrade and then, quite out of the blue I went to turn it on on Saturday morning and the RC wouldn't connect with the Inspire. No camera feed, nothing. I tried the re-link system but this just timed out. I fixed it by running the firmware upgrade through the Inspire again, that fixed it. Hope that helps.

As people mentioned in other posts, use a USB drive and not a memory card or the camera to update the controller. You will get back in the air.

Thank you for the support fellow Inspire Pilots! I was so frustrated with the lack of attention from DJI. No 24/7 support on weekends........

The latest upgrade does work however make absolutely sure that the upgrade process completes. You'll see a green light on your RC as well as doing it with your slave RC. The problem seems to be that sometimes the upgrade gets hungup and you need to repeat the procedure. It should take less than 7-10 minutes for these firmware upgrades to give a visual and audio response. If you hear or see no change after 10 min. the odds are good that it failed.

As people mentioned in other posts, use a USB drive and not a memory card or the camera to update the controller. You will get back in the air.

Thank you for the support fellow Inspire Pilots! I was so frustrated with the lack of attention from DJI. No 24/7 support on weekends........
It seems the CHAT ROOM has gone away and all U.S. based support is now being deferred to Los Angeles DJI support via eMail. So much for their 24/7 support promise to Inspire owners. I sure hope they add chat functionality back!

I also experienced loss of camera stream but I still had full control of the camera via pan and tilt by scrolling across the screen of my Air 2. I Landed the I1 and then removed the cam and re installed it and problem was gone.
And there's another bug to add to the ever growing bug list.

Well , after 6 weeks got my inspire back , from DJI LA area, it never came out of shipping mode , ever, So after 2 weeks of talking with Tec- Support they finely gave me RMA to send in ( cost $78) so got it back, but so far I've been able to get it to raise up so camera can mount , but still not showing connected , I'm using my IPhone 6+ and I printed the 64 page manual out but not making progress :(. Glad I have my Blade 350QX 3. What mini pad will be best ? So I can play with Sim ? And has anyone found some real straight forward instructions , would love to try it out !!! I have a Apple pad 2 for real plane flying , but it's not comparable , could use any help I can get ,
Thanks in advance !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having this same issue... Tried to re-do the firmware update in the RC several times, but the USB stick indicator light doesn't even go on, and nothing happens. I know how to do the FW update properly, because I did it before.

I'm afraid to re-link the RC and Inspire, because since the App can't connect, I won't be able to complete that, and won't be able to get the Inspire into travel mode...

Has anyone been able to fix this? DJI wants me to send the entire thing in for repair... I'd like to exhaust every option before doing that... The remote still charges the Android device, and the iPad still says "Trust this device" when I turn on the remote.

Help...

Hey guys, I just had a similar issue that was just fixed. I'd like to start by asking, is your IPad or tablet picking up the controller at all? Does it say charging when you plug it in? Are you controlling the camera movement with the tablet? If all of these are no then test the USB port.
I have two controllers and I did some troubleshooting. Turns out my issue was that my USB port failed. I had to RMA with DJI and they currently have my controller. If it works with one controller and not the other, it is the controller. If there is no change in your iPad when you plug t in, again, it is the controller.

My similar unresolved issue may be related to my tablets with Android and latest apps and firmware - sometimes on power up, the app will not respond with "welcome to your aircraft...". If this occurs, then upon app launch, status shows disconnected. Which I assume means the HD video link. The app still works, remote works fine, and aircraft is green, The gimbal can be operated. The micro SD card icon shows as No Card. If I power cycle the remote, sometimes the next app launch I will get the "welcome" message and everything including downlink works from then on.

The other disconnected status is when I am flying, sometimes I will loose the feed if I1 is 100-200 feet away. Video freezes and goes gray. This happens maybe 1 out of 5 flights for a couple secs and comes back. So I think this is RF related while the other issue couple be a combination of USB/Software related. I have had this happen on both Master and Slave remotes,

A friend told me it is a problem with the tablet processor and USB compatibility. So my next test is to try iOS and and newer Android tabs, I've been using a Kindle Fire and Nexus 7. But the 7 is Gen 1. (Latest Android updates ect - task killers enabled before flght and USB Debug enabled)

Another thread reported a short in the connector from Gimbal to aircraft. Reseating this helped them but I have not tried that.

No solutions since April? I got the I1 a week ago or so. Been connected with the remote and my Nexus 7 (2013) 6-7 times or so. Been updating firmwares successfully and took a successful flight 2 days ago. Today when I prepared for flying the tablet didn't connect at all to the remote even though the remote connected flawlessly to the I1. I have tried reinstallation, emptying cache as well as changing cables etc. When I tested with a new installation on my Nexus 5 everything worked perfectly. I suspect something is buggy with the USB debugging. The app complains when that is turned off but I'm not able to force a re-authorization by revoking it. Someone here that have a solution?

Hey inspire folks,

I had this when I needed to update firmware when I purchased.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters