Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Atti (revisited)

Reaction score
I went out today and flew a couple of batts in atti... What a blast!.. I know we have discussed this before, but just a friendly reminder.. Get comfortable with it!!! Atti is your friend! (the one you need when GPS isn't around);)... Not that I've had any drop outs since the new FW, but again, it's great practice for if, and when you ever need it. Plus!, as someone said before, she skates along like she's on ice for smoother shots. Seeing it drift with the wind was somewhat soothing,and graceful. Fly safe! (Without GPS if you need to).

Reactions: tbarnesarc
Can you tell me how to set up for ATTI?
I only have about 4 hrs in GPS

I actually prefer atti rather than gps when shooting video. Smoother shots as the bird isn't fighting the wind. For stills gps is great for maintaining the angle. Also, the Inspire is wicked fast in atti! So when chasing boats, motorcycles and cars, atti's the only way to go... Just watch for the drop in altitude when going full-tilt :)

Can you tell me how to set up for ATTI?
I only have about 4 hrs in GPS
Turn off Beginner Mode in the App and flick the switch front left on the remote to the middle. That's ATTI, far left is IOC and far right is GPS.

I would suggest flying in the simulator in Atti first so you get a feel for the drifting that you'll experience when not in GPS mode. Turn up the wind and change it's direction and try to hold the bird in one place.

When you first fly ATTI, get enough altitude and make sure you've got a lot of open space. Most importantly, know how to switch back to GPS and don't panic. If you've got enough altitude and space you can't hit anything, so there's no need to panic.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Turn off Beginner Mode in the App and flick the switch front left on the remote to the middle. That's ATTI, far left is IOC and far right is GPS.

I would suggest flying in the simulator in Atti first so you get a feel for the drifting that you'll experience when not in GPS mode. Turn up the wind and change it's direction and try to hold the bird in one place.

When you first fly ATTI, get enough altitude and make sure you've got a lot of open space. Most importantly, know how to switch back to GPS and don't panic. If you've got enough altitude and space you can't hit anything, so there's no need to panic.
Thank you
I will do exactly as you recommend.

Oh ya flying Attitude is a little more difficult. Have done several runs on the simulator. Will try some free flight this week end. Thanks for the advice

Oh ya flying Attitude is a little more difficult. Have done several runs on the simulator. Will try some free flight this week end. Thanks for the advice
You're very welcome RGD. Yeah, Atti's a bit different, but when you start to feel out of control, just flick back to GPS. Enjoy the free-flight!

What I look like when operating an Inspire 1:

1) GPS
Taz-warner-brothers-animation-71802_1024_768.png

2) ATTI
tumblr_static_bugs-bunny-bugs-bunny-26143775-500-355.jpg

3) IOC
21477BPLooney-Tunes-Wile-E-Coyote.jpg

:D

Reactions: Ferdi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics