Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

AutoPilot Coming to Inspire (Follow Me, Orbital Flying, etc)

Reaction score
Website
www.benhecht.com
Howdy Guy,

This app for Phantom is pretty amazing and will be coming to Inspire, mostly likely in 2015 and possibly only in a few months. Check it out:

http://autoflightlogic.com

And if you also have a Phantom 2 + its already available for it.
There are definitely some amazing things it brings to the platform that we don't get with the DJI software.

Here is a video of the Phantom app (which would be basically the same when ported to Inspire.)

BTW I am not affiliated with the app, just an enthusiast.

Reactions: Drone Man
Thats awesome hopefully they will build some with android capabilities

Can you imagine the issues with this? I see a lot of problems arising. I think we need active obstacle avoidance first or this quad is going to hit things.

Can you imagine the issues with this? I see a lot of problems arising. I think we need active obstacle avoidance first or this quad is going to hit things.

+10!!...Amazon is working on this. Plus, we're not going to see regulatory progress until this issue is resolved.

I deff like some of these options and agree you can get your self into some serious trouble or crashes with this, but why the hell doesnt DJI add this stuff in to the pilot app instead? Last thing I want is x amount of apps I have to use for x use and w/o all the data I get from the inspire app and its safe guards I'm not sure I would use it, Ok maybe I would try it a few times esp POI.

I personally think that the pilot app should take care of this sort of stuff,
It has the map section, so why not be able to tap and fly etc?
it would surely not be hard to control the drone via the RC channels even if it isnt fulyl equipped with an autopilot?
there is something like that made by pix4d for the phantom if im not mistaken

It would be great if either the AutoPilot App or the DJI Pilot App made a mod to ground station (When it becomes available???) wherein the user simple draws a path on the map, sets relevant altitude info and focus point for camera and the drone flies the course. Like the way one can control the camera by "drawing" on the screen now.

My wonder is whether or not this firmware update will be inclusive of Ground Station native to the Pilot App. I

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop