Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bad battery cell error

Reaction score
Only charged 19 times, my original TB47 was just deep cycled and fully charged before flying today. After about 2 minutes in the air, got the red banner message about bad battery cell. Immediately flew back and safely landed. Any chance this can be saved or is it time to replace?

In the past I've had bad luck with deep discharges to the point were I really don't do them and my batteries seem to last longer . I think if the battery had a slight problem before then a deep ( down to 0% ) discharge will really make it worse...

In the past I've had bad luck with deep discharges to the point were I really don't do them and my batteries seem to last longer . I think if the battery had a slight problem before then a deep ( down to 0% ) discharge will really make it worse...
Thanks for the response, now lets see if DJI is willing to offer a replacement for this 3 month old battery.

I had a similar problem with a battery (bad cell 20 charges, 6 months old). I returned it to DJI through my dealer, Quadcopters UK, and received a replacement with no problems.

6 months is the magic deadline. My 11 month battery lightly used (9 flights) showed a broken cell error (TB47) on the very first and second charge, yet never generated an in flight error message. Discovered in battery history after charging failure finally generated enough juice to fire up in bird and read battery history in app!

DJI denied claim despite battery history record clearly showing broken from day one. Buyer beware and check those battery history records on the 5th month 30th or 31st day after purchase. No discount, no rebuild route, just a lot of "sorry about that" from DJI. :(

Reactions: Yiannis.B
I did receive a replacement battery and it appears to be working fine. I think the 3 week wait was a bit ridiculous however, DJI did cover all expenses (replacement and shipping both to and from) in full under warranty.

I did receive a replacement battery and it appears to be working fine. I think the 3 week wait was a bit ridiculous however, DJI did cover all expenses (replacement and shipping both to and from) in full under warranty.
Gratz with this result:):)

I had a 'broken cell' error once. 40 charges into he battery it threw that error at me. After some research, it's recommended to try and discharge the battery completely, until it shuts itself off. Charge it up to 100%. Perform a test flight near your location in case. If the error still pops up, the battery is dead. I deep cycled my battery completely until it shut itself off. Ever since I did that, so far so good. I think the DJI Go app is buggy. Giving false error's sometimes. All my cells are balanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla