Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery abnormal discharge causes crash?

Reaction score
Be gentle, as for a noob am I.
Charged 2, TB47s the day before. 4 greens on each battery. Maybe 20 flights total on each battery over the course of 2 years. Had just pulled warm batteries from a black car sitting in the sun. 50 degrees in the shade at the launch site. 60 ambient temp. Wind had just picked up to 10mph. First flight went 10 meters away and landed with emergency low battery life.
Switch batteries. Same immediate warning as previous only this time to avoid landing on a brand new truck I shift to the left and it drops out of the sky from 10 meters up.
Broken **** drone. Support strut end, arm union shattered, gimbal mount broke in half. Severed antenna wires. Battery explodes out of its case and swells like a puffer fish. Im lucky it didnt explode and catch fire.
Screw this, I got spare parts from a friends drinking and droning crash so lets fix it.
Built a gusset for the arm union secured with 3 screws out of a boom pivot cover, take a little trip to the wonderful world of epoxy and its not pretty but it is strong. More epoxy and careful filing for fitment of support strut. The gimbal mount also gets epoxy with 2 small horizontal rods for rigidity.
Ive got 2 antenna wires trapped in landing feet from the buddys crash. i will break them out if need be, but the motors and escs....can they be used instead? So I dont have to destroy perfectly good feet?
My motors have a F series designation, his are a G. Is there a performance difference?
Does it matter which antenna wire plugs into the individual receptacles on the control box?
Can I, or should I use his newer control box? The mish mash Im trying to put together to save 5 or 700 dollars, is it worth it? Or is it time to part out this POS. Heck, I rarely used it. I was scared of being a part of the"you know who is passively mapping their new territory from consumer drones" conspiracy theory.
My drone was a rebuilt T600 from DJI that I bought on EBAY. His was a Inspire 1 V2. He had his rebuilt twice. 3rd time he threw all that was left, couple controllers, batteries, intact right side and airframe, 3 motors, etc...at me.
I want to fix it to see it fly again. Dont care if its frankenstein.
Any help from a wiser man than I would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: jefti
Charged 2, TB47s the day before. 4 greens on each battery. Maybe 20 flights total on each battery over the course of 2 years. Had just pulled warm batteries from a black car sitting in the sun. 50 degrees in the shade at the launch site. 60 ambient temp. Wind had just picked up to 10mph. First flight went 10 meters away and landed with emergency low battery life.
Switch batteries. Same immediate warning as previous only this time to avoid landing on a brand new truck I shift to the left and it drops out of the sky from 10 meters up.
Broken **** drone. Support strut end, arm union shattered, gimbal mount broke in half. Severed antenna wires. Battery explodes out of its case and swells like a puffer fish. Im lucky it didnt explode and catch fire.
Screw this, I got spare parts from a friends drinking and droning crash so lets fix it.
Built a gusset for the arm union secured with 3 screws out of a boom pivot cover, take a little trip to the wonderful world of epoxy and its not pretty but it is strong. More epoxy and careful filing for fitment of support strut. The gimbal mount also gets epoxy with 2 small horizontal rods for rigidity.
Ive got 2 antenna wires trapped in landing feet from the buddys crash. i will break them out if need be, but the motors and escs....can they be used instead? So I dont have to destroy perfectly good feet?
My motors have a F series designation, his are a G. Is there a performance difference?
Does it matter which antenna wire plugs into the individual receptacles on the control box?
Can I, or should I use his newer control box? The mish mash Im trying to put together to save 5 or 700 dollars, is it worth it? Or is it time to part out this POS. Heck, I rarely used it. I was scared of being a part of the"you know who is passively mapping their new territory from consumer drones" conspiracy theory.
My drone was a rebuilt T600 from DJI that I bought on EBAY. His was a Inspire 1 V2. He had his rebuilt twice. 3rd time he threw all that was left, couple controllers, batteries, intact right side and airframe, 3 motors, etc...at me.
I cannot speak to your damages but I recently purchased a I 1 Pro w 2 TB47s both of which had less than 25 charges. The owner had a regular fleet of UAS so I suspect the I1 did not see much flight time over the past year. In any event, I too had 4 greens when charging and was shocked to see the flight time was less than 3 minutes. The issue was not as much current as it was voltage drop. Fortunately I kept at very low altitude while I learned to fly it and see how it handled. Anyway, I timed the flight time with a stopwatch and every subsequent flight when it reached half that time I would land it and then re charge the battery. Within a week's time doing this daily I got the batteries up to about 12 minutes. I now seem to have tapered off at a maximum of 14 minutes . Of course the time will drop with fast ascent or speed but just flying about I was pleased that I could get 14 minutes.

Reactions: Daveblaster
Going by 4 green lights is not a good practice. 4 Green lights can indicate 87.5%- 100% battery life. Using the battery menu and checking voltage is a better way.
Copy that. Will do. Any thoughts on antenna wires? Are they receptacle specific? And are the motors in the I1-V2 different than the ones in the T600/I1?

B4 YOU FLY pun intended, open battery page on the app, make sure voltage is even +/- on all cells throttle up hard, if levels drop to the red you have battery issues and your bird will be a danger in the sky, if you can get up there. Let the bird hover until its force landing and try to force it to stay up close enough to the ground to not get hurt if it drops, once it lands leave it running until it shuts itself off, then charge completely again, if it displays the same error I doubt you can revive the batteries unless you look into some fairly complicated individual cell charging that is above my pay grade (jk) I have 4 batteries that got dead for flight and I keep them to run my osmo, at least nothing will fall from the sky.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
I had a similar problem with my I1 a few years back. What I wound up doing was to turn off the auto land and when my I1 wanted to land I fought it and kept flying until the battery where totally drained. I kept it about 3 feet on the ground. I let the battery cool down and then recharged it. They came back and I was getting 17 to 20 min. flight time. I have done this on 5 batteries and it worked every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963