Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery cell error

Reaction score
Hi guys,
just got my Inspire 2 a couple of days ago, everything was ok.
today i charged them again but also run all updates (AC and remote) and got the battery cell error.
anyone knows what is going on?

Kind regards
Ernst IMG_0345.PNG IMG_0346.PNG

welcome to the club, same thing here after 5 charges

_1000407-jpg.14388

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the forum sponsor I bought them from to get back with me, hopefully he can take care of it, I don't want to have to wait months for DJI to replace the pair.

Welcome to the club. I bought 12 new batteries directly from DJI....First mistake. Received a "Cracked Battery Cell" error on second charge. Ran though the whole send pictures and logs and DNA of the crime scene. DJI said NOT to ship as it was damaged. 2 hours later receive RMA for return to ship. Called again and they said I must send the possibly damaged battery back for inspection. Screenshot the chat session for liability just in case. Received the battery today. 6 weeks to the day for a replacement. The weird thing is it arrived and was not in a box like a new one??? It also was fully charged shipped to me. When paired and. connected is states o time charged. God help me if I ever have to submit a dJI care claim

Moral to the story, buy your stuff from Amazon Prime or one of the sponsors of this forum.

So it took 6 weeks and they only replaced one of the 2 in the pair? Good grief, this isn't looking too good.

put just the "bad" battery in the aircraft and leave it powered on for a while until it starts to run down the battery charge/voltage, if you've the patience, then down to 20-25% otherwise at least below about 75% (just an arbitrary amount!) and then pop it back on to charge and see if the cell comes back up level with the others. Then try some careful close in flights to see how the battery performs after.

If you're lucky then it should come back up with the others and be OK.

My original pair of batteries threw a critical battery error at 200ft with an enforced landing (which it recovered from within seconds) on the first charge/flight - it's been absolutely fine since. I think the TB50's sometimes need a gentle "break-in" for the first few flights to get the cells performing. Nothing scientific... just opinion ;)

Same problem here.

Just 4 charge cycles before getting battery cell error. Deep cycled the battery twice but still no luck.

Returned the faulty battery to Heliguy (in the UK) and they gave me a warranty replacement the same day.

Moral of the story, always buy from your local dealer if possible.

I would like to provide an update on my battery issue, Michael from Florida Drone Supply got back to me and informed me that the DJI warehouse would not take the battery back and that he would take care of the issue. I received a shipping notice a couple of hours later for my new battery and a prepaid return shipping label for the defective battery. I am happy with how all this turned out and would like to recommend Michael at Florida Drone Supply for having stepped up and resolved my issue without having to deal with the DJI replacement process. Thank you Michael! I really wish more companies would support their customers with this type of service.

Last edited:
Just go the same error after 1 charge...
This sucks.
Now I'lll need to contact DJI and wait hours.... :-(

By the way..How did you deep cycle your battery?
Thanks

My anecdotal evidence is that about 15% are bad. I say this because I have 6 sets (12 batteries) and of those 12, 2 have "failed". But I personally think this is just yet another of DJI's software blunders, in that the "intelligent" batteries are actually very dumb, as is the "intelligent" charger. What kind of charger can't properly balance and refresh the batteries? I was doing this 5 years ago with cheapo chargers from Hobby King.

Reactions: The Editor
You have a fistful of "anecdotal". I see you have looked further into possible root-cause, which is interesting.

Is anyone aware of a schematic for battery? We might be able to see "How Dumb" they are.

I seem to recall that somewhere, someone took a battery with this problem, cut it open, attached it to a real charger (like you use with off-the-shelf HV lipos), balanced all the cells, glued everything back together, and ended up with a "fixed" pack. Too much work for me, but just barely at $150 a pop.

I seem to recall that somewhere, someone took a battery with this problem, cut it open, attached it to a real charger (like you use with off-the-shelf HV lipos), balanced all the cells, glued everything back together, and ended up with a "fixed" pack. Too much work for me, but just barely at $150 a pop.

That sounds like a good test.
Sort of implies the battery and connecting electronics are ok!
The Charging Hub will have to be considered I guess.

I am interested in the overall failure rate.

A previous post [TheGrumpster] indicated 12 batteries purchaced - 2 bad.

That sound like good service.
How many batteries did you have. Is it a TB50 or ?
It is a tb50.
I called dji and talked to there service personal and requested an rma and gave them the serial number of the battery.
They asked me about the issue and i told them that i had unbalanced cells.
I didn't have my receipt so i gave them the serial number and insisted they give me an rma.
I only had 1 charge on the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan