Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery cell error

Just had this issue a few days ago, but with three batteries. Never had anything like this happen with my older equipment (Phantom, Inspire 1, and Ronin) and yet just my luck to get three during the same shoot. I have 12 batteries, so that's a 25% failure rate right there. One did recover after a recharge (who knows for how long), but the other two don't appear to be saveable, even after a complete discharge down to 5%.

Can't figure out why all three would fail at the same time, it's not like I've done anything out of the norm with them.
Currently waiting for a response from DJI support.

Reactions: TheGrumpster
I have 4 sets with 1 battery per set reporting 6th cell is broken. This started after I used the built in warmer. After a full charge I let the inspire run for about 5 Min then reboot and no errors. I have removed the 4 bad battieries and paired the other 4 batteries. Not sure what is going on.

I now have three batteries report one low cell. They all three have very low usage. The bad cell is just bearly off to. Is there a way to open the battery up, and use an RC charger to balance the battery correctly.

Did the latest batteries fail on cell 6? Am wondering if there may be an imbalance in the detector circuit.
Have you any idea where we can get a schematic?

I read something about dismantling a battery. I will look for it.

Just as an update, I received two brand new, unopened TB50 batteries in the mail yesterday from DJI.
They had me send my two faulty ones back to them in the beginning of January. They were quite helpful and admitted that it was a glitch with the battery and not something I had done to it.
If your batteries are still under the 6-month warranty I'd take advantage of that before opening them up and voiding it.

Thank you for the update. All three of mine are past the six-month warranty. It is a shame that they have such a small window, and it was caused by a software bug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi