Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Error? (or not)

It is annoying, but yes, all it takes is being a bit too fast to get to the battery screen and you'll see the error even with good packs.

It may be hard to believe, but you are wrong in this case...

View attachment 16693
This is what you get if you stay on the battery screen and power cycle the I2...

The packs in question may well be faulty, but when testing them it is important not to just stay on this screen and change the packs or you will end up thinking all your packs are faulty...

If you do this you can wait for the start-up sequence to complete and then exit this screen and go back in, that will usually clear the false error.
\

Once again bad I2 batteries have nothing to do with GO4 startup sequence. If the batteries are bad they are bad regardless if you start GO4 or not. If you are seeing bad batteries in the GO4 app that are not bad that a mobile device/Go4 API startup issue which is entirely different from detecting I2 battery pairs with a bad cell. You can also see the same erroneous error behavior with the FPV camera view, the X4s/X5s gimbal camera view, etc IF you start the GO4 and enter the device view too fast. If have been that way in DJI GO long before GO4 and the I2. If the I2 batteries are truly bad the on-board I2 status LED will blink red and you cannot arm the I2 for takeoff. That has nothing to do with the GO4 app. The procedure I stated above is to help determine if the battery is actually defective or the contacts are just dirty. Both of which have nothing to do with DJI GO4.

So I got a cell error.
Bat 1.jpg Bat 2.jpg
And I toggled between the main screen and battery screen. No change.
Battery was fine until I charged it.
Other than discharging it in the I2 is the another way to discharge it?
Thanks

Attachments

• Bat 3.jpg
    Bat 3.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 20
if i remember rightly... to manually turn on the heater, press and hold the battery power button for three seconds then let go. The battery lights flash to let you know the heaters on. If you insert them into the I2 while the heater is on, then it resets and turns off. DJI Go and the I2 will then determine if the heater needs to run.

Reactions: slim.slamma
if i remember rightly... to manually turn on the heater, press and hold the battery power button for three seconds then let go. The battery lights flash to let you know the heaters on. If you insert them into the I2 while the heater is on, then it resets and turns off. DJI Go and the I2 will then determine if the heater needs to run.

Haha I was trying to discharge my batteries below 5 percent that route.
Gotcha you tho the lights flash back and forth. I'm focused
Nick you the best brother!

That Ripple Cody me 2hundo buy it's definitely worth it.
Thanks as always:cool:

After you hold the battery button down for a few seconds until the first and last battery lights flash back and forth, hold down the button again for a few seconds to turn off the battery heat mode.

After I used CSC to turn off my motors and the copter flipped over and broke a couple of props, one of my batteries shows a bad cell. I'm trying everything to revive it, hoping it's a false error. Trying the heat mode to try revival. Next I think I might try rubbing some Vicks mentholatum rub on it. That always worked for me when I couldn't breath. But I think its a lost cause.

If nothing works, I'm gonna break it apart and try to un-solder individual cells and do the old NIMH trick to get them to charge up. Thinkin about the lipo mod I saw on here, except I dont want to zip tie c4 bricks on to the landing gear down tubes though. Theres not really a good place to put two lipo bricks on the thing.

if you want to discharge the batteries you could try purchasing the TB50 to I2 RC charge lead (it should only be a few bucks) - you can discharge the battery by charging the RC unit. I've a lead but haven't tried using it yet, so I don't know if the RC stops charging once the battery level reaches a certain %age.

Reactions: slim.slamma
IMG_9769.jpg
It may be hard to believe, but you are wrong in this case...

View attachment 16693
This is what you get if you stay on the battery screen and power cycle the I2...

The packs in question may well be faulty, but when testing them it is important not to just stay on this screen and change the packs or you will end up thinking all your packs are faulty...

If you do this you can wait for the start-up sequence to complete and then exit this screen and go back in, that will usually clear the false error.
DJI has finally reported a problem and they will issue a new FW to fix some of these batteries. IMO I do not believe this will fix badly out of balance packs!
Rich
this is one i repaired
IMG_9680.JPG

"" Dear users,

We have received reports of a battery cell error with the TB50 Intelligent Batteries used in the
Inspire 2. This error is caused by an unbalanced battery cell voltage, and we will diminish this issue through a firmware update in the near future. Through our test and analysis, the battery will become normal after cells are balanced.

Please follow DJI’s official website for firmware update announcements or watch out for update notifications in the app. For more details, please refer to the release notes of the soon to be released firmware update.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
DJI Support"""

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide