Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery firmware update

Reaction score
How do I update the firmware (1.2.1.06) in my 3 batteries that were not in the aircraft when the firmware was updated?

You simply re-run the procedure with each of them.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Make sure there are no other files on the card when you are running the update though. This caught me out the other day. Silly mistake that had me scratching my head a little!

I have and additional question. I have an Inspire Pro that just came back from DJI for repairs. The aircraft and the controllers are up to date but I am getting a prompt that the batteries need to be up dated. This makes sense since DJI had the aircraft and the controllers and presumably brought them up to date at their repair center. They did not have the batteries so I am now attempting to update them. I have done this in the past with no problem. However, after downloading the latest firmware from the DJI site and attempting the firmware update via the sd card, apparently the .bin file is not being recognized and no battery update is completed. I can understand it skipping the aircraft and/or camera updates if they are current but why is it not recognizing and updating the battery? Any ideas?

Reactions: Chrono72000
I have and additional question. I have an Inspire Pro that just came back from DJI for repairs. The aircraft and the controllers are up to date but I am getting a prompt that the batteries need to be up dated. This makes sense since DJI had the aircraft and the controllers and presumably brought them up to date at their repair center. They did not have the batteries so I am now attempting to update them. I have done this in the past with no problem. However, after downloading the latest firmware from the DJI site and attempting the firmware update via the sd card, apparently the .bin file is not being recognized and no battery update is completed. I can understand it skipping the aircraft and/or camera updates if they are current but why is it not recognizing and updating the battery? Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone have any advice.

From what DJI just told me on the phone you dont need to do anything but plug the battery into the bird and it will auto update the firmware or prompt you to do so, so why would you need the SD card? (Not debating but just confused as to what to do)

From what DJI just told me on the phone you dont need to do anything but plug the battery into the bird and it will auto update the firmware or prompt you to do so, so why would you need the SD card? (Not debating but just confused as to what to do)
The SD card is needed because it must contain the firmware (the battery module of the code) in order to update.
Once you put a battery in and turn the Inspire on, it will read the current firmware on the battery and if needed update it from the firmware held on the SD card.
You will need to do this for each battery you own.

Reactions: Chris Hale
So what do you suggest if i dont have the original firmware file any longer, i could have sworn when i set this up and upgraded the firmware the DJI how to video told me to delete the BIN file from the card so i did. Easy as redownloading the BIN file and putting it back on the card?

So what do you suggest if i dont have the original firmware file any longer, i could have sworn when i set this up and upgraded the firmware the DJI how to video told me to delete the BIN file from the card so i did. Easy as redownloading the BIN file and putting it back on the card?
Yup - redownload and unzip and put it back in the root directory of the SD card.
The Inspire will ignore the rest of the firmware because it is already up to date and just update the battery.
You can delete the firmware file (or reformat the card) once all your batteries are updated.

Ok perfect, so very last question, what if i just leave the current SD card thats in my bird now in place, it has videos and pics on it, will it prompt me to insert a card with the firmware or will it mess something up if i dont have the card in place with the firmware?

Thanks a bunch!

Ok perfect, so very last question, what if i just leave the current SD card thats in my bird now in place, it has videos and pics on it, will it prompt me to insert a card with the firmware or will it mess something up if i dont have the card in place with the firmware?

Thanks a bunch!
You can leave you videos/pics on the card and just drop the .bin firmware file in the root directory.
The App will not prompt you to insert a different card, it will just tell you your batteries need updated firmware and you should update them.

My advice would be.....
Copy across any Vids/Pics you want to keep to your PC/Mac.
Reformat the SD card
Drag the .bin firmware file into the root directory.
Update each battery one by one.
Once done, reformat your SD card once more.

Reactions: Tommy Bayshore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters