Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Insulation sticker alternatives

Reaction score
Does anyone have alternative ideas (short term only) for keeping the batteries insulated in flight? It'll be dropping down well below 32° F however only a few days before it's back up in the 50s, so I don't want to put on the battery insulation stickers, however I feel the batteries won't be insulated in flight for the next few cold days. Does anyone have any alternative ideas to keep the batteries insulated without using those stickers? I would just hate to use them up and have to take them off and get rid of them only a few days after.

Does anyone have alternative ideas (short term only) for keeping the batteries insulated in flight? It'll be dropping down well below 32° F however only a few days before it's back up in the 50s, so I don't want to put on the battery insulation stickers, however I feel the batteries won't be insulated in flight for the next few cold days. Does anyone have any alternative ideas to keep the batteries insulated without using those stickers? I would just hate to use them up and have to take them off and get rid of them only a few days after.
Neoprene sheets (cheaply available in hobby/craft) stores.
Cut to size using scissors.

I like that idea. What do you attach it to batteries with?
You don't actually have to attach it to the batteries at all. You can cut it so that it wraps around the airframe making a 'pocket' where the batteries slot into.
Velcro will do the job.

You don't actually have to attach it to the batteries at all. You can cut it so that it wraps around the airframe making a 'pocket' where the batteries slot into.
Velcro will do the job.

The only problem with that idea is that wrapping it around the airframe would completely cover the top and bottom obstacle avoiding sensors.

Are you aware that the batteries have a built-in warming feature that can be initiated by pressing the power button a min of 3 seconds? While this does somewhat reduce the remaining power left for operation, this is probably compensated for by having the operating temp in cold WX increased to a min of 15 deg C. This is probably also why the rated operating temp for the bird is -20 C to +40 C. So use those warming stickers or the neoprene if you must, but they are not a necessity. Once the bird is flying the load on the batteries will keep temps in a nominally efficient range.

Unless, of course, you live in the Frozen North, in which case, keep those babies tucked in close and wrapped up nice and tight (your batteries, too, btw). ;)

I simply cut the provided insulation stickers to fit the recess on the battery and not to cover the whole of the battery side. it now fits the charger and also goes back in the case no problems. As this covers about 90% of the area and the internal heater switched on I don't think i need any other insulation. They look very much like the ones used on other DJI batteries after being cut to fit. I made a template of the recess before attacking them with a pair of sharp scissors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee