Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Removal From I2

Reaction score
I tried to remove the batteries from the I2 to recharge and they won't come out. I don't want to force them, and the manual says nothing about a release button, nor do I see one (the charger has one). Am I a dumba$$ or what?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

I don't even have an inspire 2 and even i know it has a battery release button on the top of the craft.
Do some digging....

Confirmed:
1. there is a battery release button, and it is right there in the diagram on the back of the body right over the battery
2. I am a dumba$$
Thanks

Reactions: Joola
u where a dum@#$, Murphy's law if everything fail read, read and read before you take her for a spin!!!

Folks, let's try and stay away from the RTFM (you can figure out what it stands for) responses. It's always highly advised to read through the manual (or watch whatever videos you can..there are plenty out there) but with that being said, DJI does leave things out here and there. This forum along with all other owner's groups are meant to be a helpful and friendly environment. Let's keep it that way.

Regarding the OP's question, @Argus, on the top off the aircraft there is a battery release button that you will release and it will release and pop the button up and the batteries (or battery) will slide out the rear. It is very important to use these lock and release mechanism with care. Jarring, pulling or forcing the batteries out of the slots can significantly damage this mechanism, possibly leading to a battery (or batteries) coming loose in flight which will lead to your Inspire 2 becoming a projectile (AKA a GoPro Karma...ouch).

Enjoy your Inspire 2 and safe and happy flying!

I almost grabbed a bigger hammer a couple of times. I twisted the gimbal cap hard, wouldn't move, then I saw the release tab. I pulled hard on the prop tabs in the top cover before realizing that you push the ends down and they release (also pull up when putting props back in case and they click and lock). I got frustrated first time trying to get batteries out of charger, then discovered that you press the top buttons to release from charger. I even read the manual, but I'm just dumb. So, before reaching for that hammer or pliars, take a breath and look for a simple solution, it's easy once you know how. And it's not all in the manual.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PatrickP
Just ran into an issue with my I2 I believe. When I press the battery release button, the batteries don't budge until I pull on them. From what I remember they used to pop out an inch or so and then I could easily slide them out...

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I tried to remove the batteries from the I2 to recharge and they won't come out. I don't want to force them, and the manual says nothing about a release button, nor do I see one (the charger has one). Am I a dumba$$ or what?

I couldn't figure out how to get them out of the charger at first ;) until i realized the cover door release release was the same as the battery release .... also took me a few minutes to figure out how to release the metal that holds the props in the case ;) i was feeling a little dumb when i figured it out ...... newbie inspire 2 owners are the worst LOL!

Reactions: Advexure
I couldn't figure out how to get them out of the charger at first ;) until i realized the cover door release release was the same as the battery release .... also took me a few minutes to figure out how to release the metal that holds the props in the case ;) i was feeling a little dumb when i figured it out ...... newbie inspire 2 owners are the worst LOL!

Had the same two pondering moments when our first demo unit arrived in. I knew there had to be some sort of smart mechanism on both. Brute force also worked the first time :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide