Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery update

Dan

Reaction score
it says when doing the firmware update the smart battery gets updated. What do you do if you have multiple batteries do you have to do update for all batteries

it says when doing the firmware update the smart battery gets updated. What do you do if you have multiple batteries do you have to do update for all batteries

Yes, but not all will require the update. So don't panic if you don't get the update warning. It all depends when the battery was purchased.

If you have the firmware update on your SD-card, the battery will update from that.
And everytime you put a new battery in the battery compartment.

New battery coming today. So I'll just wait to see if pilot app prompts me to update, correct? If so, I would only do the sd in the camera as the radio wouldn't require anything further?

So, Blade Strike, I'm confused. I thought that once we updated the FM on the bird we are supposed to pull that card and insert a new SD just for capturing images. No? Or are we always just to keep that bin file on the SD card that we use for images? Thanks

So, Blade Strike, I'm confused. I thought that once we updated the FM on the bird we are supposed to pull that card and insert a new SD just for capturing images. No? Or are we always just to keep that bin file on the SD card that we use for images? Thanks

It doesn't matter whether or not the update is on the card or not, it takes very little memory. And, like me, if you have many batteries there's no harm in keeping the FW update on the SD card/s in the A/C. IMHO.

I'm taking it as the sd card with the bin file is designated for updates only. I'll use other ones for the multimedia.

Edit- n/m it doesn't matter evidently.

It makes no difference, the txt file if you leave it in the AC will just say "cancel". i.e. the AC is already updated.

It makes no difference, the txt file if you leave it in the AC will just say "cancel". i.e. the AC is already updated.
Correct..

If the bin is left on the sdcard it will add to the log file. If all your batteries are up to date you can remove the log file. If you purchase another pack you should always check it against the bin to verify it's updated.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Hi,

Just to confirm, I got two batteries with the I1 that needed updating, I have since bought 6 more, and when I insert them, the drone boots as normal, makes a new text file saying cancel, and nothing else,

is it safe to assume that they arrived up to date?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips