Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery voltage

My battery voltage reading goes from green to yellow to red frequently during flight. At red I'll normally hover until it's green again then resume flying. I've noticed 1 batt keeps going to a steady yellow way too often. Even while hovering it stays yellow.
So my question is what exactly is my i1 telling me?
It's telling you it maybe time to retire that pack (or at least take it easy)
More importantly than the voltage or color, when you get the red warning check your individual cell voltages. You will probably find that one particular cell is sagging more than the rest and so dragging down the overall pack voltage.
You may possibly have a lazy cell which would mean keeping a close eye on the pack as it could fail.
Unfortunately, there is not a lot you can do about it (some slow careful balance charges can help but we are unable to charge at less than 1c with the so called 'intelligent' packs)

Yeah I assumed they were toast. I tried re calibrating but no change. I'll check the individual cells when red.
Thanks as always sr. for the heads up new batteries it will be.
Is it happening on more than one/all of your batteries or just a certain one/couple? How many charge cycles have you got on them and do you regularly fly them down to a low percentage or usually land at around 20-25%?

I only have 3, 48's.
I'm cheap, to be honest I was coming home and immediately charging a hot/warm batt so I could get right back outside to flying. I stopped
Battery A: 58 charges, 88% life remaining this is the 1 that goes red frequently.
Battery B: 55 charges, 87% life remaining
I normally land at about 20% but I might not shut it down till about 10%. OK ok I land at 10-15 but at 20% it's within 5 ft and a foot high. Keeping it honest
you have to wait until the battery cools to ambient temp. otherwise the life of the battery will be shortened significally. always let it cool down. then put it up to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used to have them charged full because at times flying was ad hoc and i had to be ready for it. but the discharge process kicks in and lasts two days. it is healthier for the battery to be stored at the 50% it is stated in the manual. read it and long will live yor AC and batteries :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669