Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Warning

Reaction score
I am getting the following message when I turn on my Inspire using TB48 Battery.

"Battery needs a complete process of charging and discharching. Or else, battery level may drop during flight and affect the safety of your flight.

Solution: After flight finishes, please discharge the battery to 5% or below. Charge the battery to 50% for long term storage."

I'm not sure what this really means? I figured I would fly the craft in a field nearby and let it run down...then leave the craft on to discharge the battery to 5% or below. Then what? Only charge the battery to 50? Then what?
Fly it again? I don't understand this "Solution." Thanks for any advice.

If i understand from past post from another forum and here is that you need to discharge the battery per the instructions on the manual (below 5%) then fully charge it again.

If I were you I'd check the conditions of each cell on the app and also on the battery itself (hold button for 5 seconds) then fly the I1 at about 3 ft above ground and let the battery drain down to about 5% or less.

After that I let it cool down if need to and charge it fully and check again.

Reactions: sirnikolas
That's what I figured. I did check the battery on the app and it all seems good...all the cells are full green...100%, etc. Will check the battery itself by holding the button down for 5 seconds. I'll go ahead and fully discharge the battery per your recomendations...I just don't understand the solution message that DJi is giving on my app? It seems to be very confusing..."Solution: After flight finishes, please discharge the battery to 5% or below. Charge the battery to 50% for long term storage."

Thanks for your help.

Yup - OC is correct.

You need to FULLY discharge your pack right down until it will not even turn on/switches itself off. I then personally allow the pack to cool slightly for 20 mins back to ambient temp, then FULLY charge it to 100%.
Once it is fully charged you can pop it back in the Inspire, fire everything up and you should see that message go away........ Until it needs deep sischarging again after about another 20 flights or so.

Yup - OC is correct.

You need to FULLY discharge your pack right down until it will not even turn on/switches itself off. I then personally allow the pack to cool slightly for 20 mins back to ambient temp, then FULLY charge it to 100%.
Once it is fully charged you can pop it back in the Inspire, fire everything up and you should see that message go away........ Until it needs deep sischarging again after about another 20 flights or so.

Thanks...much different procedure than the confusing solution given on the app.

Reactions: The Editor
Yup - OC is correct.

This also helps calibrate the batteries?
I have not done a deep discharge (shame on me) and I am around the 23 charges per battery mark. I always fully charge the batteries but have noticed that my lifetime % is between 90-98% (depending on the battery).
If I fly it down to say 2% and then charge the remote with the battery until the battery turns off and won't start up, I then fully charge and I should be good to go for the next 20 flights?
I should also mention that I only fly my batteries down to the 18-20% mark on normal flights - that's perfect, right?

This also helps calibrate the batteries?
I have not done a deep discharge (shame on me) and I am around the 23 charges per battery mark. I always fully charge the batteries but have noticed that my lifetime % is between 90-98% (depending on the battery).
If I fly it down to say 2% and then charge the remote with the battery until the battery turns off and won't start up, I then fully charge and I should be good to go for the next 20 flights?
I should also mention that I only fly my batteries down to the 18-20% mark on normal flights - that's perfect, right?
Yup - spot on!
The batteries should be deep discharged like this at regular intervals as you quite rightly say to calibrate the firmware into the state of the aging pack.

You are basically taking your battery down to low voltage cut off and saying to the firmware "OK, this is zero... I can't go any lower than this". Then, when charged fully you are saying (to the firmware) "OK, this is an update from last time I was calibrated, This is now 100%...I'm full!"

Th algorithms then do the clever bit and work out the depletion in the middle etc :)

Im thinking of taking some 24v lorry lightbulbs and putting the right connector on them to be able to use them to discharge the battery..... that way you dont add extra wear and tear to the mechanical parts of the inspire just to cycle a battery.............

I've let the copter fly until it lands on it's own, i've let it sit for a little while, while on to drain the battery even further, then charged the battery back up and am still getting the same error. Any other suggestions?

I too also drained mine to exactly 5% then recharged only to get the same warning "Battery needs a complete process of charging and discharching"

I read that 5% to 8% was the target... Should I go below 5%?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faridabadcallgirl