Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Wont Charge

Yeah dude, contact dji. it's like calling the irs. Just put your phone on speaker. Haha, my bad battery issue was actually fixed in the last update. Have you tried specifically updating the battery as shown in the update video?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yeah dude, contact dji. it's like calling the irs. Just put your phone on speaker. Haha, my bad battery issue was actually fixed in the last update. Have you tried specifically updating the battery as shown in the update video?
Yeah it was updated... sent to my dealer. Should have it taken care of soon. Thanks for the help.

Just received my Inspire today. Fully charged the battery. Updated the firmware on the remote and the copter. After update, the battery will not charge. Showing 1 LED doing a status check but will not light up while charging. It will not power up the copter at all. This thing has never been flown. Any suggestions?

Just received my Inspire today. Fully charged the battery. Updated the firmware on the remote and the copter. After update, the battery will not charge. Showing 1 LED doing a status check but will not light up while charging. It will not power up the copter at all. This thing has never been flown. Any suggestions?

Update the battery. Have you?

Take top cover off (flip it off with small svrewdriver) and unplug battery module from PCB for a few mins. This Will Perform Reset On Board And Should CHARGE OK. this was fix on FB inspire forum from lynh phan. .guru on there with good links into DJI. Only do this on out of warranty batteries or cannot wait !!! This has also fixed bricked batteries after FW updates.

I had the same experience with my first TB47 but the day after I tried again to plug in and it charged as usual...

I have a TB48 that Just stays at two bars... the charger works fine on all my other batteries but when I plug in that TB48, Nothing... I would like to know if there is a way to reset the board on the battery somehow or if there is some trick to trip the batt. into charging mode. the Batt only has like 3-4 cycles on it. Sorry if this has already been discussed I searched and didn't find a definitive answer... Thanks.

See this procedure, i did this to two of my TB48s and it worked. I did not need to leave the little white plug unattached for now more then 3 minutes.

How to fix a bricked DJI Inspire 1 battery

It's now charging and will see if these two batteries reach full change in a hour or so!

Will keep you all posted on flying time results later in the day.

Best regards,
Steve

I have 2- TB47 batteries that I haven't used for many months. I put them on the chargers but they are completely dead, no lights when I hit the power button. I left them on charge for 24 hours hoping they would miraculously com back to life but no such luck. Any suggestions?
If the batteries have been left for over 90 days then I'm afraid you are probably victim to the hibernation discharge bug which has only been addressed in the latest firmware (see release notes.)
You will have to take this up with DJI as your batteries are history unfortunately.

take the battery apart and carefully disconnect the little white ribbon cable. Keep it off for one hour and then reconnect it. Be careful not to damage this cable or connector. Once all back together, connect to charge and let us know if it starts.

see this; How to fix a bricked DJI Inspire 1 battery
This will not fix a battery that has over discharged cells due to the hibernation discharge bug. (Being left for over 90 days and not used)
The cells themselves are destroyed in this case.

I have 2- TB47 batteries that I haven't used for many months. I put them on the chargers but they are completely dead, no lights when I hit the power button. I left them on charge for 24 hours hoping they would miraculously com back to life but no such luck. Any suggestions?

Had the problem , you need to jump start the battery! ( remove the cover , hook up some alligator clips To pos and neg at the battery wire solider leads , use a 22.5 volts inspire battery . Let set for 15 mins , then connect your battery charger) work for few times

If you don't have 21 volts are more the smart battery module will not open its circuit for the charger.

Had the problem , you need to jump start the battery! ( remove the cover , hook up some alligator clips To pos and neg at the battery wire solider leads , use a 22.5 volts inspire battery . Let set for 15 mins , then connect your battery charger) work for few times
I think there is confusion here.....
The bricked battery 'trick' or 'jump starting' any batteries is distinct and different from the bug that was in the firmware that allowed the cells to keep discharging even once entered hibernation state.
This pulls the cells down to below 1v (over a period of >90 days).
A Lipo cell that has been pulled this low can NEVER be bought back to life - it's finished and is landfill.
This bug has now been fixed in v1.8 firmware and specific reference is made to it in the release notes.

I think there is confusion here.....
The bricked battery 'trick' or 'jump starting' any batteries is distinct and different from the bug that was in the firmware that allowed the cells to keep discharging even once entered hibernation state.
This pulls the cells down to below 1v (over a period of >90 days).
A Lipo cell that has been pulled this low can NEVER be bought back to life - it's finished and is landfill.
This bug has now been fixed in v1.8 firmware and specific reference is made to it in the release notes.

Thanks for the great news. I think I'll go light up one of my Cuban cigars with the $550 it would cost to replace them up here... I wonder how big the explosion would be if I set the Lipos on fire?!?

I just purchased an Inspire. When it arrived, the flight battery wouldn't charge. No lights, nothing. I opened the top (the white shroud) and used a volt meter to measure the battery voltage - it read 0.85 volts. DEAD. The battery charger can't charge the battery because it doesn't think there's a battery attached. It needs to see some voltage before it can begin charging. So I used one of my other Lipo chargers to try and kick-start the process. First I disconnected the balancing plug on the battery. (the multi connecter going to the DJI circuit boards on top of the battery) I attached my charger using alligator clips to the main leads of the battery, and started a charge sequence. The charger starts to charge, then quits with an error "battery voltage too low". I had to restart the cycle about 10 times. (Lips chargers work by shooting some voltage into the battery, then they pause, and measure the battery voltage, then if the battery needs more, they do it again, until the battery is full) By doing this over and over, I was able to increase the battery's voltage up to 20 volts, at which point I disconnected my charger, put the balance plug back on, and plugged in the DJI charger. It worked. The LEDs came on, and the charger is working. Haven't tested it's capacity yet. I'm very suspicious of this battery now, 'cause Lipos DO NOT like to be fully drained. So we'll see. But this is the cause of why a new battery won't charge.

I just purchased an Inspire. When it arrived, the flight battery wouldn't charge. No lights, nothing. I opened the top (the white shroud) and used a volt meter to measure the battery voltage - it read 0.85 volts. DEAD. The battery charger can't charge the battery because it doesn't think there's a battery attached. It needs to see some voltage before it can begin charging. So I used one of my other Lipo chargers to try and kick-start the process. First I disconnected the balancing plug on the battery. (the multi connecter going to the DJI circuit boards on top of the battery) I attached my charger using alligator clips to the main leads of the battery, and started a charge sequence. The charger starts to charge, then quits with an error "battery voltage too low". I had to restart the cycle about 10 times. (Lips chargers work by shooting some voltage into the battery, then they pause, and measure the battery voltage, then if the battery needs more, they do it again, until the battery is full) By doing this over and over, I was able to increase the battery's voltage up to 20 volts, at which point I disconnected my charger, put the balance plug back on, and plugged in the DJI charger. It worked. The LEDs came on, and the charger is working. Haven't tested it's capacity yet. I'm very suspicious of this battery now, 'cause Lipos DO NOT like to be fully drained. So we'll see. But this is the cause of why a new battery won't charge.
You are correct - the discharge circuit continues to draw current even in hibernation mode (although this has subsequently been fixed in the latest FW so the quiescent current is very low once hibernation occurs).
However, do you really want to trust that battery now the cells have been dragged down that low? :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop