Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Wont Charge

Reaction score
I have a TB48 that Just stays at two bars... the charger works fine on all my other batteries but when I plug in that TB48, Nothing... I would like to know if there is a way to reset the board on the battery somehow or if there is some trick to trip the batt. into charging mode. the Batt only has like 3-4 cycles on it. Sorry if this has already been discussed I searched and didn't find a definitive answer... Thanks.

I have seen this a couple of times. Have you tried just leaving the battery on charge (even though it only goes up to two bars) and wait until the LEDs extinguish?
The other two cases I heard of the remedy was to do this even though it took around 4 fours to complete. After this the batteries behaved normally.

the LED's don't come on when I attach the charger unless I press the button to check the levels. I left it charged for 6 hours the other day and it just stayed at two bars the whole time...

Sounds to me like it was not updated to the latest firmware? Mine did the same thing. I put it back in the Inspire and tried an update, presto!

Sounds to me like it was not updated to the latest firmware? Mine did the same thing. I put it back in the Inspire and tried an update, presto!
Will the battery auto update when put it into the inspire or do i have to prompt it to do so with the pilot app??

the LED's don't come on when I attach the charger unless I press the button to check the levels. I left it charged for 6 hours the other day and it just stayed at two bars the whole time...

Will it power on the Inspire at all or is it dead?

It should auto update, just make sure you only have the bin file. delete any text file.
The inspire and both tx's have the latest firmware. are you saying that i need to reinstall the micro sd card into the camera and put in the battery to update the firmware on the batt. or will it auto update when i plug the batt. into an updated inspire?

you need to reinstall the sd card and power on the inspire. If the battery is not updated, it should do so.
Thanks. I went home for lunch and tried turning on the inspire with the batt and it does power on. Still will not charge when I plug in a the batt when turned off but I turned on the battery and plugged it in and it looks like it might be charging now. I will have to check on it when i get back home. Will update firmware on all batteries when i get home. The other batteries charge fine are not updated... just this one TB48 is being stubborn.

On a side note...
The power supply is very hot after 5-10 minutes. I know this has been discussed before but is there a way to upgrade the power supply by say cutting the cable off the DJI one and splicing it to a better, more powerful, power supply?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I had the same problem with the battery I used for my firmware update. Died right after. I contacted dji and they took care of it through warranty with proof of purchase

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I just noticed that one of my 47s developed this crack in the back. It only a maybe half a dozen charges on it.
The LEDs still say it is charged. Can someone tell me what might have happened.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2365.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 65
Looks like it's been dropped, judging by the rest of it, or a cell has expanded!
I am pretty sure it has not been dropped. I had it in my car, is it possible that heat may have done this. I am more interested to know if this is what happens when a lithium cell fails. Either way I guess its history.

Had the same issue of a non charging battery. Dji replaced it. Didn't hear what the issue was since they just swapped it out.

I just got done updating firmware on the inspire, 2 tx's, 4 batteries, a phone and 2 tablets. The battery still will not charge when off and plugged in. It will charge for 5 mins when turned on and plugged in. Has stayed at two bars but when I plug it into the inspire it says 100% charged. Flew with it for 2 mins and it dropped down to 85ish percent but the lights on top stayed showing two bars. I'm afraid to trust the battery any farther then I can physically see the lights on top. I don't want this thing to trigger RTH and hit something.

I'd send the battery back for replacement. Depending on your reseller (or DJI direct), it should be a slam dunk and then you won't have to worry about that issue when you fly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool