Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bay Area Pilots?

I wanted to pass this along to y'all member that are looking to fly our Inspire 1 for commercial purposes.

Since early February I've enrolled in a school that focuses on passing the FAA part 107 knowledge test. This is not for a 333 Exemption but once the FAA pulls their head out of their *** then this course will be very handy.

The great thing about this school is that you can get a refresher to passing the FAA tests.

Check them out and based on their schedule I will be on their June class.

https://droneuniversityusa.com/
Signed up. Can't wait!

Reactions: Outta Control
I wanted to pass this along to y'all member that are looking to fly our Inspire 1 for commercial purposes.

Since early February I've enrolled in a school that focuses on passing the FAA part 107 knowledge test. This is not for a 333 Exemption but once the FAA pulls their head out of their *** then this course will be very handy.

The great thing about this school is that you can get a refresher to passing the FAA tests.

Cool. But as this is a hobby for me that's a bit more than I am currently willing to spend. :) I will keep up to date on the FAA and restrictions as it is definitely important and all operators (recreational or commercial) should know all of this, but for a hobbyist that price is a wee bit on the high side.

Looks like I will have all of my ND filters to test out next weekend at the meet. I ordered two full sets (ND4 - ND64) from Rennat and got delivery notification a few minutes ago.

Looks like I will have all of my ND filters to test out next weekend at the meet. I ordered two full sets (ND4 - ND64) from Rennat and got delivery notification a few minutes ago.

bananadance.gif

_AV-SUPERHEROES-spiderman_dancing.gif

mg]

A calmer day, more gonads?

Don't rush me. I'm not Russian, I'm Irish :)

I've never flown 3 thousand dollars before and I'd hate to crash on the first flight LOL

It was a great day to fly... How'd it go? Remember, you were under strict Dr OC's orders :)

It was a great day to fly... How'd it go? Remember, you were under strict Dr OC's orders :)

I actually took her up yesterday, wife let me have my gonads back for a moment LOL

I read the whole manual over again, went home powered it up (blades off) played with the app some more, texted OC "okay to leave landing gear down if staying below 10 feet?"

Put blades and locks on, starred at it some more, loaded app again, starred at it some more.......

Screw it! powered up, started to give some left stick (remembering ground effect from helis) didn't want to go too slow, more left stick to get 2' or so. Was going to leave landing gear down, move around a tad then raise them and move around a tad to see the difference, but even taking of manually the landing gear automatically rose LOL

What was I sooooo scarred about? As most report, she was very stable and responsive, now I just have to take her to a more open spot so she can spread her wings ;)

At first I turned off auto gear function as it's just an easy switch... I've been flying with it on again as it's just an easy switch if you want the opposite :). Sounds like my madien flight in my driveway, except for that function not existing yet. Only time you'll notice ground effect is on slow landings when your trying to hit the bullseye :), at least that's my experience. You'll be flying like a pro by the 30th!

Question? Probably should ask in general forum, but I like keeping local LOL
I set the snapshot to take 5 shots and you can hear multiple clicks, but when I look at the sd card there is only 1 pic??? (here is momma filming me hehe)

DJI_0002.JPG

I've only played with that once and only got one pic too. Anybody shed some light??? Leaving the "area" now for some answers and will report back :).

Made this portable stand at work today (yes, your tax dollars were hard at work LOL)

Plexiglas is a little flimsy, probably will replace with wood eventually.

20150522_150909.jpg

Made this portable stand at work today (yes, your tax dollars were hard at work LOL)

Plexiglas is a little flimsy, probably will replace with wood eventually.

View attachment 1889
I almost miss wasting everyone's hard earned tax dollars :). Nice, looks easy to carry and a great help for a bad back. I'm sure you were thinking of other stuff related to work during the build :).

Reactions: LockMD

So what does this do exactly?
You'll still need 333 exemption... But how does this work for the pilots license? Don't you still need at least a recreational pilots license?

Yes, I understand that part, but that's the proposal correct? Which doesn't get passed for another few years correct? So how does the certification help for the next 24 months or so? Between now and 2017, for commercial use, you'll still need 333 and a pilots license no?

First off no one truly knows when they will approve it. So we all need to suck it...buttercup. Honestly that decision could out in 3 years or in 3 days. Knowing how the government (state or federal) works, most or all departments are very reactionary. Look at the recent Amtrack drama. A day after the incident the federal government cut Amtrack's funding without knowing the actual cause. So the more exposure of responsible drones activity and the increased demand as such should bring the FAA to react in our favor.

As for the 333 there are so many restrictions and requirements attached to it. Seriously how long or how many jobs can you really do to fully recoup and get out of the red in total expenses in a year. Plus in a recent FAA memo if you took a job as a 333 pilot for a news agency even as a part-time gig you are bound with more restriction versus Eric who has a Part 107 can get closer to the action and sell the footage.

Reactions: PureSQNut

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu