Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bay Area Pilots?

If I have the power of influence the FAA I would recommend a Conditional Part 107 Certification to all UAS pilots who wants to do this commercially. As part of this fictitious temp cert pilots must attend and pass a formal FAA approved UAS training site and be grandfathered once the approval and the infrastructure is in place.

All in motion to approve this recommendation, say "Yar".

Still haven't answered the question though.

To fly commercial legally this afternoon, according to current laws, I need 333 and a pilots license correct?

What the FAA does tomorrow, next week, next month, next year has no barrings on what I can do today. Which I'll agree a basic certification is a good idea, but getting a Part 107 with no 333 or pilots license doesn't really change that you can't fly commercially.

Correct me if I'm wrong or not understanding.

Still haven't answered the question though.

To fly commercial legally this afternoon, according to current laws, I need 333 and a pilots license correct?

Correct

What the FAA does tomorrow, next week, next month, next year has no barrings on what I can do today.

I won't say it is wrong but will say it is inaccurate. A recent memo released on May 5, Click here, notes that news agency must have a 333 Exemption to operate commercially. At which point the memo states that having a 333 Exemption must abide to such rules. While Joe Blow hobbyist can sell the footage to news agency at a more relaxed rules. So what gives. Isn't receiving money for a footage considered as a commercial transactions?

Which I'll agree a basic certification is a good idea, but getting a Part 107 with no 333 or pilots license doesn't really change that you can't fly commercially...

Who says you can't. There have been several instances that individuals have earned monetary compensation. You have the rule followers and the rule breakers then there are ones that dance in the middle.

PS: you showing up to the meet? Hooli will be there.

There is a difference of me going out with my drone as an individual and filming something for shits and giggles that might be news worthy or might be able to sell online, vs being a news organization and having a drone as part of the work flow. One carries a higher responsibility.

And I'll be in Toronto next week so I'm out. I'm on the road for the next 3 weeks starting Monday :/

Nope.
I'll be in Wisconsin, then Toronto, then Montana.

No Inspire 1?
latest

Lol, edit to ^^^ "staycation". Not really having too much fun, but I'm knocking out some stuff I've been avoiding. She's out like a light and a I1 at 5 and 7 :).

If you remember our talks Eric I mentioned that there is no way the FAA would pursue and try to get "blood out of a turnip". It would be such a waste of time and money to go after Eric and OC who barely even can make 3-5K a month is video production.

If you remember our talks Eric I mentioned that there is no way the FAA would pursue and try to get "blood out of a turnip". It would be such a waste of time and money to go after Eric and OC who barely even can make 3-5K a month is video production.
I remember most of what we talked about... Not sure what you are currently talking about??? Prolly because I've been up since 0435 lol. 5 out of 7 batteries paid for!

hobbyist only here..... I'll fly, do some projects, maybe get a few bucks here and there to pay for the hobby but definitely not looking to make a living on it.

now to my dilemma of the day.... Charge all the batteries and go chase some skiers and boats again and get some practice in or day of BBQ, beer and some much needed R&R?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP